Xm Radio?

Jim Hornickel

just bought a 2009 rx 350 from a gm dealer. no one was sure that it had a xm radio. When I hit the am-sat putton only the am radio responds. does this mean that I do not have xm?

Congratulations on your new pre-owned Lexus. You'll love it.

The answer to your question is yes & no. In earlier years, even if the car had the "Sat" button on the dash, if it didn't come equiped with the satellite reciever as part of the original factory package, you would have to have the dealer install it at your cost.

With the newer models, it is my understanding, that most models come "Sat" equiped ( ready for XM) but you must contact XM online, (there should be instructions in your owners manual.) When you talk to XM, they will give you a autorization code that is specific to your radio. You have to enter this code into your radio using the key-pad. Once you have done this, it activates your account with XM, the two units talk back and forth for a sencond, and your done.

I love XM radio, and I don't think it's too exspensive

I hope this has been some help.

Paul

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I had a similar issue with my 2008 ES 350, it had the SAT button but was not equipped with a receiver or antenna. The dealership quoted me a price of 600 to 700 dollars for the parts and labor. So needless to say I went to my local BEST BUY and got a Toyota receiver and stock XM receiver installed for about $200. It was well worth it and have enjoyed the satellite radio very much.Hope this was helpful.

Enjoy your new Lexus.