1991 Ls400: 5 Lights On Dash. Cc Doesnt Work

flipmode64

Hey everyone. Been doing a lot of searching on here and other lexus sites and google and I think I have narrowed down my problem but I am not sure.

Everything has been fine up until this morning. Turned the car on and 5 lights are now staying on the dash. Pic attached.

Car drives fine, nothing wrong with shifting like I have read that the loom in the trunk can cause. I checked the loom and from what i can see everything looks fine. I have a multimeter and and wondering how I go about testing each wire with that as I could cut a little off to expose each wire. wondering what readings i should read when I touch each wire. All fluids are fine. Battery is holding a charge at 12 volts and it is 6 months old.

I hear it is usually the black or white wire in the loom but no cracks or anything on each of the 180 degrees bends they go through. Should I cut the bends out and attach the remaining together?

Drove the car for 45 minutes and checked battery and its at full charge still but I read that this still might not rule out the alternator? Power steering res. doesnt seem to be leaking and everything in the car works fine except CC (cruise control)

I think I can narrow this down to either TRUNK WIRE HARNESS LOOM, BATTERY, ALTERNATOR ??

Do you think I should cut out all the bent parts on the loom to start? any help appreciated thanks!

38yIz.jpg

jB2dz.jpg

The first thing I would do is to measure the actual charging voltage. All you need is a simple voltmeter. The reading should be somewhere in the 13.5v to 14.5vdc range. Also measure in the AC range. That should be almost zero.

As concerns the trunk wiring, you might want to move the wires around or open/close the trunk while observing the dash lights to see if anything changes. I would push/pull on the individual wires(firmly but gently) while having someone watch the dash lights.