O2 Sensor Confusion, 96 Es300

Recently posted about CEL light on; PO130 and PO133 codes. Advance Auto says "Bank 1 , Sensor 1". Got answer saying this was on the rearward exhaust manifold, which I assumed was against the firewall. Replaced sensor; light still on. Today I see a post saying "Bank 1 , Sensor 1" is on the front of the engine. Just wondering which is correct; maybe different models??

Also, do I need to disconnect battery to "reset" CEL?

As always, thanks!! Tom

by the firewall here is the image my mistake

Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Range/Performance Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

P1133

Air/Fuel Ratio Sensor Circuit Response Malfunction (Bank 1 Sensor 1)

you can remove the bat for a few min or clear it with the obd reader like i said u may of got a bad part because the first o2 sensor checks the baseline and the second checks fo see if the cat is working properly

cool man let us know, i would love to find out if the part is bad or not,

ive herd some people saying that bank1 sensor 1 would also give an error if you are having a issue with a dirty egr valve or problem with the system

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for delay, but I was out of town. O2 sensor back by firewall fixed problem. Not easy to get to as one of you advised. I did it without removing anything ( other than some skin and blood on right arm! ). As always, many thanks. I'm retired and can't afford to go to dealership! This is wife's '96 with 62,000 miles, so I cretainly don't want to get rid of it.

Recently posted about CEL light on; PO130 and PO133 codes. Advance Auto says "Bank 1 , Sensor 1". Got answer saying this was on the rearward exhaust manifold, which I assumed was against the firewall. Replaced sensor; light still on. Today I see a post saying "Bank 1 , Sensor 1" is on the front of the engine. Just wondering which is correct; maybe different models??

Also, do I need to disconnect battery to "reset" CEL?

As always, thanks!! Tom

not sure hot to overcome your problem. but you will purchase the good & good price o2 sensor in the store http://www.aliexpress.com/fm-store/604124

you have to buy genuine ones if o2 sensor