Daytime Running Lights Disable 2000Es

saman

im not sure what the big deal is but im trying to disable daytime running lights on my 2000 es300 The Fsm that i have is from a 1997 and it shows daytime running light number1,2,3,4 relay under the hood on the driver side by the battery and then a main drl relay located under the dash on drivers side by the ac control module, so im not sure what i have on my car or where to start. it is a us spec car i believe i want to disable drl without having to remove the highbeam function or disconnect any lights.

i cant find anything on this just a buch of arguments on how DRL's are the law and saves on insurance ect ect.. its not the law in the us and i don't want to start a topic on the laws and the cost of insurance. im not happy with the drl function on this car and not being able do disable it on the auto function.

If anyone knows what to do or where to look it would be greatly appreciated. i know on most cars its a matter of cutting a wire or cutting and grounding.

please help!

thanks

well no reply yet,

so what i have found so far is that pulling The first relay under the hood i believe its DRL 3 relay works! the only problem now is i have no highbeams, auto works, fogs work. now how i have to find out where the high beam wire from the multi function switch goes and trigger the pins on that relay connector. it shows in the fsm that pins 16-17 are for the high beams on the multi function switch, hopefully they neg trigger and run to the box under the hood otherwise i would have to run a wire from the switch to under the hood. somthing that im not going to do.

that dosnt work on lexus cars, that worked on some of the gm cars i owned but none of my imports had that ability. i cant believe how so many people viewed this posting and not one person knows anything about this for now i have no high beams unless i spend lots of time probing around for pins 16and17 from the under the hood from the multswitch if it even goes there at all