Steering System Not Working Rx 400H

The electric steering system is not working at all in my RX 400h. The car is model 2006, 85 k miles. The problem appears from nothing. The car was parked and after that when start the motor i couldn`t turn the weel normaly. It was so hard. I saw the campaign 9LC. is my car come to this programe? Is anyone have the same problem?

The electric steering system is not working at all in my RX 400h. The car is model 2006, 85 k miles. The problem appears from nothing. The car was parked and after that when start the motor i couldn`t turn the weel normaly. It was so hard. I saw the campaign 9LC. is my car come to this programe? Is anyone have the same problem?

Make sure the fuse(s) aren't blown.

Yes, there was an internal "campaign" at Lexus regarding the electric power steering. It involved replacing the entire rack. I don't know where you are, but wherever it is, I assume Lexus has corporate offices. Call them, give them your VIN and ask if all the outstanding recalls have been done. I haven't heard of too many EPS systems failing, so I hope for you that it's just the defective rack that will be replaced for free under the recall.

The fuse is OK. I bought the car from USA in 2008 and up to now I haven`t had any problems. I am from Bulgaria and took the car to Lexus Bulgaria. They check and said that the problem is from steering sensor, but I can`t replace it only. I have to buy all rack. But my car is the first with this problem in the country. It is only 85 k miles. If the problem is EPS link. I wasn`t driving the car when the problem appears. I send my VIN car number but not reply yet, if my car come to the 9LC.

Hmmm...why don't you just phone Lexus USA and give them the VIN and ask if the recall was done. If it wasn't, and Lexus Bulgaria will do it, then you get a whole new rack anyway, which should include the new steering sensor. Can't Lexus Bulgaria check Lexus records to see if the recall was done?

Hmmm...why don't you just phone Lexus USA and give them the VIN and ask if the recall was done. If it wasn't, and Lexus Bulgaria will do it, then you get a whole new rack anyway, which should include the new steering sensor. Can't Lexus Bulgaria check Lexus records to see if the recall was done?

The dealer from USA said that the car has 3 outstanding recalls. I am waiting the reply from LEXUS USA how to orginaze the recalls here in Bulgaria. Lexus-Bulgaria can`t check recalls for the cars which are sold in USA.

• 1 month later...

Finally I have repaired my RX 400h for free. They change the steering wheel to recall 9LC, changing the invertor and put peg to the floor mat. Everything for free. Happy, Happy, Happy!