Fixing Broken Volume Knob...92 Es300

I have a Lexus ES300 and the volume knob broke off of the radio.... now i have no way to turn up the radio, but it turns up by itself the longer the car is running...i was wondering if there was anything i could maybe stick inside the hole to control the volume, or if theres anything i could jerry rig to control my volume until i can get some money to replace the radio...

Also i am having to replace my main wiring harness....How extensive is that and whats the usuall cost...can i replace the wiring harness myself or is that best left to the electricians?? Oil leaks right down onto the wiring harness and is causing it to screw up....i understand thats pretty common problem with Lexus...any help would be appreciated... especially with the radio!!!

Thanx

PEACE

Fix the oil leak first, Then find the damaged area and find the extent of the damage if there is any, You are not going to replace the main wiring harness in any lexus unless you tear down the entire car. Replace the radio with a properly operating replacement oem radio. Good Luck...