Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

400h: Volume works once after reconnecting battery, no volume after that.

I bought a used 2008 400h recently. It has Mark Levinson audio. I replaced the factory stereo with Sony XAV100 head unit with CarPlay. Everything was working fine.

Last week the battery died. I jump started couple of times and then replaced the battery. The problem is that there is no volume. Tried radio, bluetooth, CarPlay, usb etc. 
The strange thing is, if I disconnect the battery and then connect it, it works fine until next time. But when I stop the car and start again next time, there is no volume.

What could be wrong?

I followed excellent advice in post by @Mamoon here : https://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/topic/66814-no-sound/ 
I have checked the fuses and they are ok.
The fact that it works every time after reconnecting battery might indicate connections are ok.

I doubt if this is related to Sony. I can connect the original stereo back and and I think most likely the result is the same. 

Regd working once after reconnecting the battery: It happens if the leave the battery disconnected for couple of minutes before reconnecting.

I checked the 'System Check' it shows 'NCON'. This happens even when the volume is on (first after re connecting battery).
The picture below shows AUDIO also 'NCON', I think that is because of aftermarket stereo.

IMG_7456.jpeg

I don't think that there are many possible causes left. Did you actually try installing the original stereo to confirm?

@RX400h, I haven’t tried yet, but will do. 
can we say the Amp is fine since it plays volume at least the first time after reconnecting battery? 

The clue may be that you jump-started the battery a couple of times. This could've caused something within your head unit to be flaky. If the OEM works perfectly after reinstall, I can't think of anything else it could be.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By jabowsi
      I have seen many posts about this but none that says it was successfully done.
      Is there any one out there who has successfully updated a Gen4 nav and audio with ML to a Gen5 system ML?

If there is please share any info relating to:
      1. What parts are needed to be changed
      2. what connections need to be rewired or added.
      3. Is the finished upgrade fully working or are there features that are missing?

Thanks
      Gen 4 Mark Levinson - note CLOCK button

Gen 5 with DVD and Mark Levinson - note AUDIO button

• By heybro
      Just gutted my stock system from my 99 GS300. Headunit, amp and cd changer all worked except the lcd was going out on the display. I swapped in a touchsceen dvd with all the modern conveniences to bring it up to date. I don't have room to keep this stuff around on a shelf collecting dust so i'm open to offers. Thanks!
      lexus radio.pdf
      lexus radio2.pdf
      lexus radio3.pdf
      lexus radio4.pdf
      lexus radio5.pdf
    • By Racehorse593
      Hey All,

Basically I have a the stock 8 speaker JBL/Pioneer system (no nav. no mark levinson) and I would like to know what frequency signal goes to which speaker set from the stock amplifier.

I was told that the back door and dash have full range, but that there is a crossover in the amp that restricts the front door to mid-low range.

Thanks in advance!
    • By Aggelos
      I came to this forum by Googling all I could about the Nakamichi system in my SC400. I recently found out that it has Polk speakers in the front and back and an 8-inch Polk sub which I believe is this one (http://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-db840DVC-8-Inch-Subwoofer/dp/B0016GV1UU)
      So I went out and bought a new radio, (http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Pioneer+-+50W+x+4+MOSFET+Apple%AE+iPod%AE-Ready+In-Dash+CD+Deck/6261746.p?id=1218725174656&skuId=6261746&cmp=RMX&ky=1whxm51gbOgORrn6M8JOUlLjDtR0yY7Rx) from the local car audio place where I live. I had them install it because I know nothing about car audio and didn't want to end up !Removed! everything up. But now I've noticed that I'm actually not even getting the quality or loudness that I used to get from the stock Nakamichi headunit. Could it be that I need a new amp or that they didn't wire things correctly? I know they said I would probably need a new amp cause the stock wouldn't have enough power after they installed the headunit and that they would have to do an amp bypass. I'm not experienced in car audio at all, but I can tell you a whole bunch about PC hardware, software, and networking. I'm hoping to get a word from the wise here or at least find some helpful post by continuing my search on this forum.