Install Navigation Question

David Anderson

What factory unit? The one from the 98-00 LS400 which is quite pathetic? If that is what you want you would have a whole lot of wiring to do. The 98-00 LS400 without nav is not cabled for nav. And the 98-00 Nav audio functions are not compatible with the Nakamichi but is compatible with the standard Pioneer system. The Nakimichi has a very different architecture from the standard Pioneer and the audio portion of the 98-00 navigation system which are largly if not completely compatible.

For hundred bucks you could buy a Garmin that would head and shoulders above all but the latest Lexus nav system. Here is a photo of how I mounted a portable nav in my 00 LS: http://us.lexusowner...leryℑ=1349

I have a stock '99 LS400 with a Nakamichi radio and without navigation. Was wondering if I can put a factory unit in and is it just a plug and play or are there wiring issues?

Thanks for any iinfo.

David, I will look into this and find out which is the latest system and map that would work in your 99LS.

I have a stock '99 LS400 with a Nakamichi radio and without navigation. Was wondering if I can put a factory unit in and is it just a plug and play or are there wiring issues?

Thanks for any iinfo.

Wiring issues...definitely, but far beyond that. If you really want a "captive" GPS/Nav system a car trade would be more appropriate.