Gps Navigation On 2008 Rx350

I just bought 2008 RX350. GPS navigation is not accurate to the destination address. It would take you about 200 - 300 feet from the destination and would say "you have reached your destination." How do I make it more accurate. GPS pn my phone works better and also my handheld GPS works better than this car's GPS.

Hi Vicky. Welcome to the LOC.

I have had the navigation system do both...say you've reached you destination at about 200 ft. away, and it has said the same when I've been right in front of the persons house. For me, in traffic, I'd rather have a little advannced notice so I can make sure the guy behind me isn't going to rear end me when I slow to make that right turn the navigation lady told me about.

Welcome to LOC! :cheers:

Yea that is exactly right. It is kind of odd sometimes mine will be right there and other times it will say you have reached your destination in advance. I agree with Paul I like the advanced notice.

Automotive manufacturers are not currently, nor in the past, well modivated to provide a reasonable function level of GPS/Nav. That is now changing in much the same way it happened in the pastwith radio/cd/audio systems.

For the moment portable GPS/Nav systems have a definite competive edge.

And not just because they include lifetime map undating.

I have recently had a reasonably long, extended, experience with comparing the perfromance of a recent automotive "captive" GPS/nav with an also current model Garmin handheld.

It seemed to me that the garmin would always find the quickest or shortest route much better than the captive system. What was amazing to me was that as I followed the Garmin directions the captive system would re-compute and end up "finding" the same routing, so the

"map" resolution, definitions, was apparently the same for both.

I can see that the "quickest" routing might be a subjective thing, roadspeed wise, but the shortest should never be.