Engine Mounts Vs Transmission Mounts

ED.

Hi guys. New site looks cool.

I've noticed that my car has a nice vibration when I come to a stop. If I throw the transmission in Neutral it goes away but once it's back in Drive the vibration returns.

Didn't know if it was an engine mount issue or a transmission mount one? I plan on doing both once the weather warms up.

TIA,

Ed

As Billy says do the tranny mount 1st and if that sorts the problem happy days.

A quick way to check for worn motor mounts is to start the engine lift the hood and get someone to rev the engine a few times. The engine should have very little sideways movement when being revved, if it lurches side to side excessively this would indicate the mounts are past their best.

whoever your helper is, have them put their foot on the brake,FIRM, put it in drive and give it a LITTLE gas, (dont rev it up) and see if the engine jumps, then put it in reverse, and do the same, it should only move a little bit each way.

I have used this method for 50 years.. just dont try it by yourself, even with the emergency brake on...... warning.