Standard Warranty Question

Tom33

I bought my 07 ES350 9 months ago with 30,000 miles. It now has 39,500 miles. When having the oil changed at a Toyota dealer, I was told that my power steering unit was leaking. My Lexus dealer told me that I was 4 months over warranty and even though it had less than 50,000 miles they would not replace it under warranty. I feel that it is a defective part which did not last for the 50,000 mile portion of the warranty. Power steering units do not start leaking at less than 40,000 miles. I have owned 4 Lexus cars and have always been happy with their reliability.

I am posting this to get some input from you folks. Do you think I'm wrong to pursue this because I am 4 months past warranty?

First of all welcome to the site!

Unfortunately warranties have to end sometime. The standard warranty is 4 years from the in service date, or 50,000 miles, whichever occurs first. Since its out of warranty, they won't automatically cover the part (nor should they).

Thats not a common concern, which will make it harder to get them to do anything. Press them though, speak to the service manager, and contact Lexus directly. They may help you out some...