2002 Sc-430 New 18" Rim

BLAISERSC430

Merry Christmas everyone! My wife was kind enough to buy me a new Rim for my 2002 SC-430 to replace the front right rim that was leaking a little. My question is - Does anyone know if the Hub Cap Bolts that hold the Hub Cap on are different sizes or is there only one size (M8 x 1.25) my old hub cap bolts won't fit into the new rim? (TOO BIG) Is there a chance that the new rim has too much paint build up inside the bolt hole? Let me know if any one has had a problem with this or know of a fix or remedy... Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!

You are right, the threads are filled with overflow from the wheel coating process. So you will have to re-tap the holes. It's not difficult to do.

Richard,

Thank You! I thought so but I did not want to ruin the rim so I went to Lowe's and bought (10 Qty. M7 x 1.25) bolts to fit but some did not tighten all the way up. I'll run a tap through them and put the original bolts back in. Best Wishes and Happy New Year!

• 1 year later...