Rear Wiper Blade Removal ?

rfcbuf

2004 RX 330..How do you remove the rear door wiper blade? After removal can the old rubber squeegee be replaced with a new rubber squeegee and continue using the original wiper blade frame?

Any auto store will have direct replacements, near the wiper arm at the pivot point, gently pull off the cover on the arm(will expose the nut holding the arm on) this will allow the arm to move up away from the glass more, pull off the old, replace with new blade.

I've tried to replace just the rubber blade before on other vehicles, it's not worth the time, they're cheap enough.

Edited to add:

Trico Exact Fit Windshield Wiper Blade Part No. 14-A

Advance Auto $11.99

RockAuto $7.98

Anco Wiper Blade Part No. AR14A

O'Reilly $9.99

RockAuto $6.30

Exactly as Cartman57 said. You have to pull that cap off at the base of the wiper. It doesn't come off easy and it will seem like your going to break it. If you try to spread it apart as you pull it off, it's a bit easier. I don't bother with replacing the rubber - I just replace the entire blade.

I have a friend with a Honda - he always insists on replacing just the rubber because he's a Honda fanatic and thinks the Honda blade is somehow superior. I finally had to point out to him that Honda doesn't make wipers - some other wiper company makes them and then I pointed out the Trico emblem on his "Honda" blade...lol.

Any auto store will have direct replacements, near the wiper arm at the pivot point, gently pull off the cover on the arm(will expose the nut holding the arm on) this will allow the arm to move up away from the glass more, pull off the old, replace with new blade.

I've tried to replace just the rubber blade before on other vehicles, it's not worth the time, they're cheap enough.

Edited to add:

Trico Exact Fit Windshield Wiper Blade Part No. 14-A

Advance Auto $11.99

RockAuto $7.98

Anco Wiper Blade Part No. AR14A

O'Reilly $9.99

RockAuto $6.30

Your solution mentions removing the wiper arm. Is that really necessary for just removing the wiper blade for replacement?? My concern is to remove just the wiper blade to either change it or replace the squeegee only. Usually changing a blade doesn't require removing the arm. There must be a simpler way to remove the blade fom the arm on the rear wiper.

No, the wiper arm doesn't have to be removed, but by removing the black plastic cap, you will be able to life the arm completely off the back glass (like how the front wiper arms lift up). The arm will still be attached but it will be MUCH easier to replace the squeegee OR the blade (not the arm) with the arm lifte up.

Your solution mentions removing the wiper arm. Is that really necessary for just removing the wiper blade for replacement?? My concern is to remove just the wiper blade to either change it or replace the squeegee only. Usually changing a blade doesn't require removing the arm. There must be a simpler way to remove the blade fom the arm on the rear wiper.

Solution was to remove the cover so the wiper arm can be lifted up higher off the glass then the blade can be removed, it's a 'j hook' style just like the front.

If the cover is not removed the arm can't be lifted high enough. Use a small flat blade screwdriver, one side the the other to release the tabs, it'll pop off.

Like Lemon said, easier to replace the whole blade not the squeege portion, difficult to find just a blade that'll fit in the same slot, trust me, I've done a few the cheap way from old but good ones only to buy the whole blade.