01 Rx300 Clock Still Resetting After Replacing With More Powerful Batt

tatertot

As soon as the clock starts re-setting, I know I am going to have trouble. This happens every year when the weather gets cold. I have replaced the battery 2 times over the last 3 years. Got an extra strong battery this last time.

Got stuck in the bank drive-thru last night when car wouldn't start on a cold night. A jump started it up easily. The mechanic has tested the battery today and it is still testing strong. They can't find anything causing a drain. Anyone have the same thing or better yet, any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Tatertot

what brand battery is it? I have found the Reilleys, Kragen batteries have never held up well...Buy one from Walmart, Costco, or Sams club. Also be carefull to note the interior dome light switch positions...only takes one night to take the battery down. Check the cables to the battery to make sure they havent deteriated.. Also the condition of the connections to the battery...The clock has time and again proven to be a good indicator of battery going bad.

As soon as the clock starts re-setting, I know I am going to have trouble. This happens every year when the weather gets cold. I have replaced the battery 2 times over the last 3 years. Got an extra strong battery this last time.

Got stuck in the bank drive-thru last night when car wouldn't start on a cold night. A jump started it up easily. The mechanic has tested the battery today and it is still testing strong. They can't find anything causing a drain. Anyone have the same thing or better yet, any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Tatertot

You say your mechanic has checked your battery today, and can't find any drain on the battery. Have they ever checked the entire charging system? The alternator, all wiring, ground, starter, etc. It may not be a matter of what is going out, but what is not going in.