Mileage On Rx450H

Vijay K

Hello all,

Newbie to this forum and thought i could get some help from the experts here. I bought a RX450H (2011) model in Sep 2011 from the dealer and when i got the car the mileage or the miles i could drive was around 473 miles with a full tank of gas. I have 1K miles on the car now and when i fill the gas at Costco (premium ofcourse) i am getting only 413 miles. I drive in the city mostly and don;t drive more than 10 miles a day. Should i fill gas in another Chevron or Shell station rather than costco to get the full mileage?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Vijay K

Hello all,

Newbie to this forum and thought i could get some help from the experts here. I bought a RX450H (2011) model in Sep 2011 from the dealer and when i got the car the mileage or the miles i could drive was around 473 miles with a full tank of gas. I have 1K miles on the car now and when i fill the gas at Costco (premium ofcourse) i am getting only 413 miles. I drive in the city mostly and don;t drive more than 10 miles a day. Should i fill gas in another Chevron or Shell station rather than costco to get the full mileage?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Vijay K

Temperature is going to have a bearing on your mileage. Is it colder outdoors now then previously? Short trips will be worst then longer. Are you driving more aggressively now that you're familiar with the car? Do you gently leave stop signs or punch out on gas engine? Check out you miles per gallon and miles per hour on your multi-purpose display. Does your navigation mileage history show few regeneration cycles?

Buk is absolutely correct. The only way to achieve maximum mileage on these vehicles (ANY vehicle) is to drive using all the regular gas-saving techniques. About the only difference is that under certain circumstances (level road, low speed, slow acceleration) you can coax them into not firing up the ICE. I've also seen my mpg go UP while stuck in traffic jams. And, colder temps do affect your mileage...my winter mileage is always at least one mpg less.

BTW, judging your mileage by using the "most miles I could drive" readout (if that's what you're doing) is a new one on me. I keep my '08 gauge display on average mpg all the time.

Lastly, at 1K miles, your vehicle is still breaking in. You probably won't achieve maximum mileage potential until it has passed 5K.

GOOD LUCK!

:cheers:

You need to also check your fuel. A lot of States require all grades of gas to contain 10% Ethanol from October to April. If your gas contains Ethanol, then you will see a decrease in mileage, as Ethanol has less energy then regular gas.

Buk is absolutely correct. The only way to achieve maximum mileage on these vehicles (ANY vehicle) is to drive using all the regular gas-saving techniques. About the only difference is that under certain circumstances (level road, low speed, slow acceleration) you can coax them into not firing up the ICE. I've also seen my mpg go UP while stuck in traffic jams. And, colder temps do affect your mileage...my winter mileage is always at least one mpg less.

BTW, judging your mileage by using the "most miles I could drive" readout (if that's what you're doing) is a new one on me. I keep my '08 gauge display on average mpg all the time.

Lastly, at 1K miles, your vehicle is still breaking in. You probably won't achieve maximum mileage potential until it has passed 5K.

GOOD LUCK!

:cheers: