Navigation / Telephone Speaker Problem

dbs600

Hello everyone,

Hope all is well!

I have the following problem with my 2004 LX470:

The speaker used for navigation voice guidance and for bluetooth telephone cuts in and out and works intermittently. The sound system (the radio) is otherwise okay.

Has anyone seen this before or know of a fix for same?

Thank you!

Hello everyone,

Hope all is well!

The speaker used for navigation voice guidance and for bluetooth telephone cuts in and out and works intermittently. The sound system (the radio) is otherwise okay.

Thank you!

To my knowledge, that speaker is powered separately from the rest of the sound system speakers. That is, by the nav/head unit itself. It could be something very simple such as a loose wire connection to the speaker, a speaker coil going bad. Simple fixes. Or, something in the nav unit itself which would need some expertise to find and repair. Your dealer would probably be able to do the job by replacing the whole nav unit. Expensive. A GOOD qualified car audio repair shop would probably be able to repair it if they can get the part. e-bay is always a good place to look for parts.

Hello everyone,

Hope all is well!

Thank you!

To my knowledge, that speaker is powered separately from the rest of the sound system speakers. That is, by the nav/head unit itself. It could be something very simple such as a loose wire connection to the speaker, a speaker coil going bad. Simple fixes. Or, something in the nav unit itself which would need some expertise to find and repair. Your dealer would probably be able to do the job by replacing the whole nav unit. Expensive. A GOOD qualified car audio repair shop would probably be able to repair it if they can get the part. e-bay is always a good place to look for parts.

Thank you for your prompt and informative reply!

Where are the cables to the navigation system - towards the front of the seat bottom or towards the back?

Thanks again!

Hello everyone,

Hope all is well!

Thank you!

Thank you for your prompt and informative reply!

Where are the cables to the navigation system - towards the front of the seat bottom or towards the back?

Thanks again!

Frankly, with the 2004 I don't know.

I found what I believe to be the navigation system under the front passenger seat by raising the seat to its maximum height and sliding it all the way forward, shown in the first picture. It seems that the wires to the box are to the front of the seat bottom, but I am having difficulty accessing them because even if I were to slide the seat all the way back, there is a panel obstructing same. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to gain access to the area?

Otherwise, I found the strange circular vent shown in the last two pictures under the driver’s seat. Does anyone know what it is!? I know it’s not heating ducts for the rear passenger floor, as same are on the center console.

post-62687-0-44224600-1322891739_thumb.j

post-62687-0-09623100-1322891750_thumb.j

post-62687-0-57768300-1322891757_thumb.j

I found what I believe to be the navigation system under the front passenger seat by raising the seat to its maximum height and sliding it all the way forward, shown in the first picture. It seems that the wires to the box are to the front of the seat bottom, but I am having difficulty accessing them because even if I were to slide the seat all the way back, there is a panel obstructing same. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to gain access to the area?

Otherwise, I found the strange circular vent shown in the last two pictures under the driver’s seat. Does anyone know what it is!? I know it’s not heating ducts for the rear passenger floor, as same are on the center console.

I'm sorry to be blunt, but if you don't even know where or what the nav unit is or looks like, you really are just heading yourself straight into trouble. At this point, this is a job for a QUALIFIED technician who knows the Lexus system an can diagnose the problem without butchering it in the process. I don't know if what you have pictured is the nav unit or not. In some of the older Lexus models the radio amplifier was placed under the front passenger seat. It could be that.

Please consider using a Lexus qualified technician. I think you will find you'll save yourself money and a torn up SUV in the mean time.

Paul