This Is Weird?

OK...I am stumped here. I get in my GX today and am using the mode button on the steering wheel to change radio stations. All of my SAT radio presets were saying unauthorized. Then when I started scanning through it picked them back up...but now when I try to go from SAT 1-2-3 using the mode button on the steering wheel it just completely skips the SAT radio? I think I may call and see if they need to send a new signal or something but I can hit the SAT radio on the NAV or the radio itself and it works fine...even the voice recognition works! LOL

Any ideas fellas? :cheers: by the way it is a 2010 GX460 with the ML and NAV.

OK...I am stumped here. I get in my GX today and am using the mode button on the steering wheel to change radio stations. All of my SAT radio presets were saying unauthorized. Then when I started scanning through it picked them back up...but now when I try to go from SAT 1-2-3 using the mode button on the steering wheel it just completely skips the SAT radio? I think I may call and see if they need to send a new signal or something but I can hit the SAT radio on the NAV or the radio itself and it works fine...even the voice recognition works! LOL

Any ideas fellas? :cheers: by the way it is a 2010 GX460 with the ML and NAV.

Hi David,

At first blush, I would say your on the right track. It is more likely to be an XM/satellite issue than a Lexus hardware issue. The "unauthorized" message is a good clue. The satellites do go down and up all the time. You may have a billing problem/snafu that is causing them to mess with your signal authorization. My suggestion is to call XM first and have tech support check it out before seeing the dealer.

Yea...I will get a free year of service if it is a billing issue! :) :lol: it is just odd that the SAT function works for everything but the steering wheel mode button?

Does anyone know if the SAT radio is deactivated if it still shows when you scan through radio functions with the mode button on the steering wheel button? I am almost willing to bet that is what it is my LEX is of seeing the SAT radio for some reason. Still weird though?

OK well SOB...they deactivated my account! :chairshot: So I didn't quite get a free year but here is what happened.

When I called the guy said that I had requested it disconnected back in NOV 2010? Which I did...but then renewed after they called me back and offered a better price. So I have had the service for a year with them and I never got a bill or anything they just discontinued my service. So the guy at XM kept telling me well sir you canceled in NOV 2010...after repeating my story to him 3 times that yes I had but then did renew it and it has been a whole year...he still wasn't getting it...he tells me there will be a reactivation fee and it will cost twice what I paid last year. (This guy couldn't even speak English...and I was starting to get a little P___ OFF!) So I said let me speak to your supervisor...at this point I was fed up so I spoke nicely to him :) Look bud I am not repeating this story for a 4th time…either turn back on my radio or leave it OFF. He agreed that they had messed up and gave me the XM radio with NAV Traffic and weather back at the promotional rate which is half of what the first idiot I talked to…and no reactivation fee.

What a typical experience from a near monopoly.

I got to wondering the other night about the free trial on new Lexus cars. Is it six months or one year? I saw that your GX was purchased about a year ago November if I'm right, and I thought maybe that was were the foul up began.

Hope you can at least enjoy the music and programing on your XM after all of this.

Paul to be honest I do listen to it sometimes...but 90% of the time I use Pandora... I just hate having something in the car that I can't use. But I do like the Weather and Traffic even though it doesn't pick up much as far as Traffic in this area but it is nice when I am out of town...