Navigation Screen Touch Issues

colavit0

I am having problems with my navigation screen and how it responds to touch (which basically controls all the functions) On the Radio screen when I touch the left side the right side responds, on the climate controls, same thing. I can not get any response when I touch anywhere on the "I agree" screen?? Once out of every 20 times I drive it it will work normal again and within 20 min goes back to being defective? Do I need a new screen? Any sugg. here? Thanks in advance 2003 GX470 95,000 miles on it.

I am having problems with my navigation screen and how it responds to touch (which basically controls all the functions) On the Radio screen when I touch the left side the right side responds, on the climate controls, same thing. I can not get any response when I touch anywhere on the "I agree" screen?? Once out of every 20 times I drive it it will work normal again and within 20 min goes back to being defective? Do I need a new screen? Any sugg. here? Thanks in advance 2003 GX470 95,000 miles on it.

I did a search of all post on the forums relating to "Touch Screen". There were quite a few. You might want to do a search your self for education sake.

Based upon those postings, it would appear that you need a new screen. It is not uncommon after several years of use. There are some choices that I would recommend. There is a member of this board, "dcfish" who is the authorized LOC vendor for Lexus Navigation and audio parts. PM him for information. Or, go to e-bay and look for a replacement screen. Both options will probably be less expensive than the Lexus dealer. You can then have you dealer install the new screen.

Paul

Thanks, I searched for a while and didn't come up with too much except the screen is just bad. I'll now look into my options to replace it...I figure once I get one I'll try and put it in since there are some good step by step instructions I've found and I have worked on car stereos a little