Heat From One Side Only

breedy

My dual climate control only blows heat from the passenger side. From my searches on the forum it looks like there is a servo motor that needs replacing. I even had the telltale signs of clicking coming from the glove compartment area. Can anyone shed any additional light regarding changing or diagrams to assist in doing so. I did find a DIY guide for a GS posted in 2008, but I thought I would ask to see if anyone had any other resources or advice.

Thank you.

Brad Reedy

2004 ES330 160k

I would find an independent or Toyota dealership...The part for the servo is only $176 roughly and it should not be that kind of labor. Here is the parts from Sewell

http://lexus.sewellparts.com/oem-catalog/8714875028-Electrical-ES330-2004.html

My dual climate control only blows heat from the passenger side. From my searches on the forum it looks like there is a servo motor that needs replacing. I even had the telltale signs of clicking coming from the glove compartment area. Can anyone shed any additional light regarding changing or diagrams to assist in doing so. I did find a DIY guide for a GS posted in 2008, but I thought I would ask to see if anyone had any other resources or advice.

Thank you.

Brad Reedy

2004 ES330 160k

The estimate you were quoted was for the book labor time. They are assuming the dash is being removed. I love doing these under warranty, when the manufacturer is paying for it(they make the time, not me). It's not necessary to remove the instrument panel. Our dealership charges maybe $200 since we know an easier way and pass it on to our customers. Wish I could help you out.