Bluetooth And Radio Station Issues

I would like to know first

1.If my car has bluetooth. Im assuming it does as its the GS430 2004 model. If I do how does this work.

2. How do I keep a change the radio station? I mean I know that for example I go to FM 2 and there are six boxes. I pick for example 94.5 but then decide to change that. So I click scan find the radio station I want. Say 104.5 But when I press on it to change it just goes back to 94.5. I now have THREE 94.5. : (

I need some help.

I think 2007 was the first year that Bluetooth was first available on the GS with navigation on U.S. spec models and I'm assuming it was the same for Canadian spec models. Dealer installed non-Bluetooth phone systems were available in the U.S. through the 2003 model year here on some models although the Sprint-based 2003 dealer installed phone system was not highly regarded due to Sprint's poor coverage and service.

The 2004 model year was the first that Bluetooth was available on the LS430 - positive about that since I tried to get a demo of it on the LS430 in fall of 2003 back when the Bluetooth SIG was near where I worked here in Kansas before it moved to Seattle. Bluetooth was so new in 2003 that Lexus certified only one phone to work with the LS430 bluetooth system - the Nokia 6310i.

Regarding your radio question, it's probably explained in your navigation manual. If you don't have one, you could try to find the information in the online navigation manual on the U.S. Lexus website: https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/info/my-lexus/resources/submit-owners-manual-search

If you want Bluetooth you could install a Bluetooth phone kit. Conversion harnesses are available for the nicer Parrot Bluetooth phone kits - Mki6000 series and up - that make installation completely "plug and play". Some of the Parrot kits also provide music streaming from a variety of sources including through wireless A2DP: http://www.quickconnectproducts.com/Find/find.php

Though Im Canadian, the car is American made. Or rather it was transferred here a few years ago after the previous owner. Im irritated it doesnt have it.

For a luxury vehicle with every option it should. Even Fords have this.

I do have the manual as mentioned. Still stuck on that radio issue. Once you change it its hard to change to another station.

Though Im Canadian, the car is American made. Or rather it was transferred here a few years ago after the previous owner. Im irritated it doesnt have it.

For a luxury vehicle with every option it should. Even Fords have this.

I do have the manual as mentioned. Still stuck on that radio issue. Once you change it its hard to change to another station.

You have to remember that your GS is eight model years old and that technology constantly changes. Bluetooth barely existed in the 2004 model year. Fords didn't have it. Toyota introduced Bluetooth first on the 2004 LS430 - the most expensive Lexus sedan - and it eventually trickled down to less expensive models. And there were very, very few Bluetooth capable phones available in 2003 when the 2004 LS430 went on sale.

My LS is four model years older than your GS and I would be thrilled if my LS had the electronic architecture your GS has which allows adding all sorts of features using interfaces from Parrot, VAIS and other companies.

My previous post included a mistake in that the Sprint based dealer installed phone system in the U.S. was discontinued during the 2002 model year - not the 2003 model year. The 2003 model year dealer installed Lexus phone system in the U.S. used only the Cingular/AT&T Nokia 6310 which was the first and for a while the only phone certified to work with the 2004 LS430 Bluetooth system. Prior to Bluetooth, if you bought a Lexus phone system you were limited to either having a fixed phone or just one portable phone model.

"Scan" finds only the stations that have been pre-set. Set multiple pre-set stations and scan will find them. "Seek" finds the next higher frequency station.