Small Blue Led?

Wayne Carsen

Hi I have a ES350 2011, Truffle Mica and I love it.

There is a weak small blue led (at night) (see attached) it's to weak to be of any use, and must indicate something is on or something. Can't find it in the book anywhere or on line?

Any one know what it's for? This is a stock photo not the actual one but I just indicated where this LED is.

Thanks a lot, great club here and I enjoy all the reading.

By any chance, do the "1", "2" and "3" on the homelink buttons illuminate at night too?

It's amazing how Lexus puts EXTRA light on the shifter panel (which already has illuminated P-R-N-D-2-1 icons) yet doesn't have illuminated sunroof control buttons. On some other Lexus' the homelink buttons aren't even illuminated at night. :blink:

Nope...nothing on the overhead console is illuminated at night but the Enform SOS button

On the Jeep...EVERYTHING lights up...its actually quite awesome.

Haha, isn't that so ironic? :rolleyes: Lexus needs to start paying attention to the little things like that, the type of things that make the car feel more luxurious!

And i feel bad for people who don't have NAV in their ES. I'd imagine without the ambient light from the nav screen, finding buttons on the overhead unit at night must be IMPOSSIBLE! :wacko:

Thanks for the fast answers, I do not believe that blue light will do anything to light up the shifter, it's so weak, it's barely viable, if it is for sure well then it needs help. The other areas as mentioned to help too.

Funny the items my MB had this car does not, better illumination is one of them, 110V jack, homelink was lit up too. But I believe over all the Lexus is better than a same priced MB.

By any chance, do the "1", "2" and "3" on the homelink buttons illuminate at night too?

It's amazing how Lexus puts EXTRA light on the shifter panel (which already has illuminated P-R-N-D-2-1 icons) yet doesn't have illuminated sunroof control buttons. On some other Lexus' the homelink buttons aren't even illuminated at night. :blink:

I do not believe it has anything to do with HomeLink, that is on another row?

Believe me, it does. The whole console in mine is awash in cool blue light from that little LED. If yours isn't, then somethings wrong with it. If I rest my hand on the gearshift at night, the light is very obvious.

Eh, I don't really see the big deal. I can hit the homelink button at night even without it being illuminated.

For you cduluk, this is a picture of the Jeep at night (courtesy of Cperez on JeepGarage.org)

post-564-0-92902700-1316060247_thumb.jpg

Its got to be one of the coolest vehicles at night. Whole overhead console is illuminated too, door handles, map pockets are LED lit, map lights are LED...

Believe me, it does. The whole console in mine is awash in cool blue light from that little LED. If yours isn't, then somethings wrong with it. If I rest my hand on the gearshift at night, the light is very obvious.

Eh, I don't really see the big deal. I can hit the homelink button at night even without it being illuminated.

For you cduluk, this is a picture of the Jeep at night (courtesy of Cperez on JeepGarage.org)

post-564-0-92902700-1316060247_thumb.jpg

Its got to be one of the coolest vehicles at night. Whole overhead console is illuminated too, door handles, map pockets are LED lit, map lights are LED...

HOLY !Removed!! That's AWESOME!! B) It really does put Lexus to shame... I have to give credit to Jeep here, that's one sick interior and the quality and detail looks amazing. <_<

This light shines down on the console top below, if you put your hand out at night over the shifter you'll see the light...

Just a follow up, I did find a reference to a shifter light overhead in the light pages of the manual.

Thanks for your correct answer, that was bugging me trying to figure out. But I still don't see what good it is? I have the Nav system, and it quite bright.

Its just a little accent light for ambiance...

We've talked about this "little ray of blue sunshine" before, but unlike yours Steve, mine is just too dim to be of any practical value. You have me thinking about it again, so I think I will drop by the dealer in the next week or two and have them look at the output.

I've always been into interiors and interior lighting. Odd, but I have never found a car, regardless of make or price point, that had the exact configuration of lighting, at night, that I was totally happy with. Maybe someday I could afford to hire Cduluk to do a custom job on my ES.

Paul