Master Key For 2000 Es

trwiatt

Have given up, can't find our lost master key. so now only have the valet key. Hoping someone can help with some info on these things. Lots of people sell replacement master keys on EBay, but all say you have to check the FCC ID# on your existing key and get one of the same type. So, what's the FCC ID# on your master key, fellow 2000 ES owners?

The second part of the puzzle is the "long or short blade". Apparently these keys came in two different lengths, any idea whether the 2000 ES was long or short? Or maybe someone could just measure theirs and tell me how long it is.

I found a guy who will take it from there - on this model if you don't have a master key you can take out the security ECU and send it and your keys to this guy, and he'll reprogram all to match. My idea is to buy an uncut master key (of the correct kind!) and send to him along with my ECU and valet key and then get back a matched set.

Quite a PITA, eh? I searched the archives and didn't find any advice on this, but surely I'm not the only person unlucky enough to have lost my master key.

So, if you know the FCC ID# and blade length, pls help me out!

Thanks Byohzrd! Now I know what to go shopping for. BTW, ever seen this guy's service? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=46101

My local dealer says he'll trade ECUs for an hour worth of labor time, but this guy told me he'll re-program (and cut) any keys you send in with the ECU for the $99 deal. Plus he makes one for you. I think I can get an HYQ1512V for about $50 on EBay.

Remember when you could go to the hardware store and get a duplicate made for 79 cents? Sheesh!