Stb With Factory Avs:

Lexusfreak

Hi everyone, not sure if this is a silly question or not, but here goes: (I asked this before but did not receive hardly any responses & specifics).

My 01' ES has the factory Adjustable varible suspenion (AVS) that is controlled with a computer & a switch on the center console. It also has a small metal casing and wires coming out of the strut towers. Can I get a STB for my car or because of the adjustable suspension already on the car, or is one even necessary :unsure: as I can adjust it to a "sport mode" for a firmer ride & handling? :blink: thoughts & opnions?

Do I risk messing up anything by installing one? I'm worried about those wires and the metal casing I mentioned & what is the best one to install? Do they make on for the 97 - 01'? Thanks in advance!

:cheers:

The STB is going to control body roll more than it will do anything to your AVS. The wires will feed up thorugh the large openings in the mounting bracket of the STB, so there should be no problem there either.

There are several on the market that members have. I think the TRD one for the same year Solara is an option, too. My ES came standard with a STB so that is about all I can help you with on aftermarket STB's. I am sure other members will pipe in.

steviej

I appreciate your feedback steviej! B)

Has anybody done this mod with the AVS suspension?

If you have, please tell me the kind of STB you have put on your ES & where the best place(s) are to get them as well as the price I can expect to pay (roughly). I will be in the U.S. for almost 3 weeks this May going from the top of I-75 (Michigan) all the way to the bottom (Florida Keys). So if anyone can recommend stores &/or websites, that would be of great help. Many thanks everyone! B)

Thanks sk, although I think that's a bit disappointing the fact I would have to modify the hood :( Dosen't seem worth it to me now.......now is that all 97 - 01 ES models or just the ones equipped with the AVS suspension? What kind of modifications would we be talking about here exactly?