Welcome To The Facist State Of Ontario

RX350lover

More than anything, I am simply at a loss that a person could kill someone with a car and at the very least not be charged with man slaughter.

I understand your point of view and I too scarf down a Quarter Pounder once and a while when we're on an interstate trip. But I feel using the label of fascist is extreme and should be saved for those governments and country's where people are truly oppressed and beaten down, and liberties such as women driving cars are forbidden.

Yes, if you kill someone with your vehicle as a result of carelessness, IMO it should be involuntary manslaughter.

Let me also add that I have never driven in the city and ate food at the same time. When I take a long drive, like to CT or MD, I usually drive at night and I do use food to keep myself awake.

Regarding Ontario, there is a trend of taking away people's rights little by little. For example, while radar detectors are legal in British Columbia, they are illegal in Ontario (as well as some other provinces, like Quebec). I find that to be submitted to a 100% increase in insurance premium, going in front a judge and ending up with a criminal record because you took a bite of a burger while driving down the highway when there were no other car nearby, is fascism. I am not a child, I can use my head when I drive and I am responsible for my actions. Cops and judges, get the hell out of my face.