Door Handle Broken

JDOwen2

I finally got around to getting the passenger side door panel off and trying to fix the door handle. Only way to open the door was to use the handle on the inside. Found a small plastic clip broken that holds the rod going from the outside handle down to the door latch. Went to a large automotive parts store and they don't carry Lexus door handle parts. Closest thing was a Chrysler part. Too small. Also found the the rod had dropped down and was stopping the window from going all the way down. I'll bet Lexus doesn't sell the $.35 part individually.

The part your looking for is called a "rod end clip". One of our companies makes them and they cost about $0.01 each. I would call Lexus, they may actually sell that part alone. If not, you can try an automotive parts store like Autozone, they carry some generic parts that might do the trick. If that does'nt work, you can mail the part to me and I can see if I can locate one for you.