Stock Or After Market?

ajay95

Take your old mast to your Toyota dealer and compare it to what they have in stock. Pay attention to the diameter of the bottom tube section. You must match its diameter. Don't be too concerned if the new mast is longer or shorter by 3 inches or so, or if the top ball is the wrong shape and size. My 1990 Nissan 300 ZX presently has a 95 Camry mast in it. ( Toyota dealer is 5 miles away, Nissan dealer 70 miles) It was the same diameter on the bottom section, 3 inches shorter overall, and the top ball was much smaller. I put the top section in a vice, and using a piece of leather around the top ball (To keep from marking it) I used vice grips to unwind it (Its threaded) and installed my old top ball from the Nissan mast. Has worked perfectly from that day to this with no noticeable difference in reception at all. Toyota and Nissan, and I'll bet most Japanese manufacturers, all use the same parts suppliers. I'll bet you can buy it cheaper from another manufacturer, but maybe not as cheap as the eBay one. Good luck whichever way you go.