Opinion On These Rims

Hi Team3-I have a file there (LOC file size limits the picture quality and size). I am attaching another here. I will post more to the garage when I get a chance. Accessing the Garage has been blocked lately for some reason. I have a note into the admin for the site on it. Check out my avatar as well for a look at the wheels.

post-1-1080497848.jpg

I am of the reverse thinking. The right aftermarket wheels will enhance and transform the look of the car.

There will be handling performance increases (low profile usually (but not always) means better tires, bigger contact patch), but there will also be ride quality (less rubber) and power decreases (potentially heavier rims). If you go with chrome, the wheels will be even heavier. You will just have to pick your poison. You don't get anything for free. :)

I agree with this guy^^^^. The ride was important as well as the performance for me. Quiet tires that grip are a premium when you add size to your rims. You cannot get too many "cushy" grand touring tires in performance aspect ratios. Also, weight of the rim will affect ride and suspension performance. I went for plus sizes in the Supra fitment for performance, but lighter weight cast wheels and quiet/performance tires. You have to research it all then make a choice and hope for the best.

For what its worth, I've owned BFG, Goodyear, Michelin, Pirelli, Continental, Precept, and now Falken, and they all had trade-offs. Ever wonder how one person reviews a tire and thinks it great, and another thinks it sucks? Different tastes and different expectations.

B)