Dont Know Whats Wrong With My Display

JB-LEX

The display on my ls400 wont come on for about 10 min. or if the car is warmed. This only seems to happen on really cold days otherwise its just fine. I know other people have had similiar problems but I dont know what to do with mine. I have spoken to someone from Lexus and they have told me that i might need a whole new display and that their going to have to "burn in" the milage for about 1500 bucks. Is there anything I could do to fix this? Could there be a loose fuse or something? :unsure:

Also can any one tell me how to replace the rear stopping bulb above the turnig signal. I tried to do it but i was afraid i might mess something up.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Your Display isn't busted or malfunctioning. There are a lot people who've experienced that problem including me. It's the way cold cathode works. It requires time to warm up, before it lights up. If you garage your car, it may stop, but I can't definitely say.

• 3 weeks later...

Lexus LS400 '93 and '94 have a problem with the instrument cluster lights (dash lights). Many many people have this problem. The dash lights won't come on for a while, then they will flicker and finally come on. This is more evident in cold weather. This problem gets worse over a period of weeks or months until they will refuse to come on at all. When the light are off, the fuel gauge points to empty as well.

The problem, I found, is in the power supply circuit boards. They are located behind the instrument cluster. I have compiled some detailed instructions on how to remove those boards. If you want a copy of those instructions, just Email (PM) me. I'll Email them to you, no charge. I would attach them here, but they are larger than the 102.4KB limit on this board.

My car did that. '93 LS400. The Lexus dealer wanted $1400 to repair it. I repaired mine myself, I'm an electronics engineer and I can help you repair yours too! Email me or PM me

Jim Walker

jimlwalker@sbcglobal.net