Oil Maintenance Required Alert Removal

dott09

In order to turn the maintenance required for an oil change alert off after a successful oil change by yourself or a shop, take the following steps:

1. With the car on, switch the odometer to TRIP A. (Not trip B and not the total shown on the odomoter - ie. 54,302 miles since you've owned the car.)

2. Turn car off

3. Hold down the odometer reset button while car is off - keep holding through step 5 until you see MAINTENANCE RESET

4. Place foot on gas, start car - this only turns the car on, but does not start the engine - keep holding down the odometer reset. (do not hold foot down on brake and press start as this does not work - and will only start your car)

5. Remain holding down on the TRIP A reset switch for at least 15 seconds. There will be blinking lights and then it will say maintenance reset. This will get rid of the red alert that tells you that you still need to change the oil.

This was performed on an 2007 ES350

Hope this is helpful

In order to turn the maintenance required for an oil change alert off after a successful oil change by yourself or a shop, take the following steps:

1. With the car on, switch the odometer to TRIP A. (Not trip B and not the total shown on the odomoter - ie. 54,302 miles since you've owned the car.)

2. Turn car off

3. Hold down the odometer reset button while car is off - keep holding through step 5 until you see MAINTENANCE RESET

4. Place foot on gas, start car - this only turns the car on, but does not start the engine - keep holding down the odometer reset. (do not hold foot down on brake and press start as this does not work - and will only start your car)

5. Remain holding down on the TRIP A reset switch for at least 15 seconds. There will be blinking lights and then it will say maintenance reset. This will get rid of the red alert that tells you that you still need to change the oil.

This was performed on an 2007 ES350

Hope this is helpful

I don't think that is quite right, especially for an 2010 ES350. Step one and two are correct, but in step 3, you keep the odometer reset button down and then step 4, you hit the start button but you do not have you foot on the gas. After a few seconds, the maintenance reset message will appear. Hit the start button a couple of times without stepping on the gas to turn everything off, then you can then start the car normally.

• 2 weeks later...

You should "pin" this to this forum....it does help because that oil maint reqd alert is annoying. For me, I get my car picked up and a loaner left from my Lexus dealer (for free...except I am sure I pay for it...but it is convenient). They forgot to do it once and I didn't know this until I went through all the paperwork with my car then found it on the Internet....argh. Anyway, the dealer doesn't forget anymore...but I am going to use this now since they don't get my car until next week! Thanks again!!!!!!!