Warped Rotors

bainzey

A few months ago I needed to replace my front pads and rotors. I had a very bad “shimmy” when braking. Apparently a warped rotor. After replacing both, drove great for a while, braking was a smooth as can be. But now only about 3k later, the “shimmy” is back, and as bad as ever. Is it possible my rotor is warped again. Seems to be the case. I haven’t been doing any harsh braking as such.

This is really irritating, since the rotors are not exactly cheep to replace.

My question is. Before I go ahead and replace the rotors again… or maybe get them machined, should I be looking at anything else. Can there be anything that may be contributing to this... tire alignment, wheel balance. I don’t know. But I really don’t want to be replacing my rotors twice a year. Heck if that’s the case, I might just have to live with it. Which is something that I REALLY don’t want to do.

Any advice would be great.

A few months ago I needed to replace my front pads and rotors. I had a very bad “shimmy” when braking. Apparently a warped rotor. After replacing both, drove great for a while, braking was a smooth as can be. But now only about 3k later, the “shimmy” is back, and as bad as ever. Is it possible my rotor is warped again. Seems to be the case. I haven’t been doing any harsh braking as such.

This is really irritating, since the rotors are not exactly cheep to replace.

My question is. Before I go ahead and replace the rotors again… or maybe get them machined, should I be looking at anything else. Can there be anything that may be contributing to this... tire alignment, wheel balance. I don’t know. But I really don’t want to be replacing my rotors twice a year. Heck if that’s the case, I might just have to live with it. Which is something that I REALLY don’t want to do.

Any advice would be great.

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp_warped_brakedisk.shtml

What kind of rotors did you put on?

We purchased our '04 RX330 new and have had warped rotors about every 30K. I kept on replacing with OEM parts, then I finally changed to a different brand (Mountain) and so far so good.

What kind of rotors did you put on?

We purchased our '04 RX330 new and have had warped rotors about every 30K. I kept on replacing with OEM parts, then I finally changed to a different brand (Mountain) and so far so good.

Yah I replaced them with OEM. Perhpas its time to upgrade. What is a good higher end rotor with with a decent price point?