Seat Wont Raise All The Way?

kuziwk

the driver seat for some reason it seams that the front portion of the seat is leaning way too much forward, almost as if the very front of the seat wont raise anymore, i try lowering the back portion but than i cant see very well...Im short so....Is it possible the front portion of the seat is partially stripped and only raises 3/4 of the way? or is this normal?

Lexus power seats are among some of the most adjustable that I have used. You should be able to get a comfortable setting. It sounds like the tilt axis of the seat frame is not properly set (too far forward). You should be able to easily tilt the seat by pushing up/down on the side adjusting lever. Find your owners manual and carefully check each axis for operation. It is possible that some motor or switch has gone bad.

Lexus power seats are among some of the most adjustable that I have used. You should be able to get a comfortable setting. It sounds like the tilt axis of the seat frame is not properly set (too far forward). You should be able to easily tilt the seat by pushing up/down on the side adjusting lever. Find your owners manual and carefully check each axis for operation. It is possible that some motor or switch has gone bad.

yea i did, if i tilt it back more than it is, its more comfortable but than i cannot see as much as i would like too, i often find myself adjusting every day its really annoying. THis is why im thinking the front portion of the seat needs to come up more and maybe is stripping as this has happend on the recline function where it would twist the back half of the seat, but i fixed that already.

The seat raises in the front and back and I guess the front part on yours isn't working. Could be the switch, could be the motor, could be trash jammed in it. I'd start by looking under there with a flashlight.

The seat raises in the front and back and I guess the front part on yours isn't working. Could be the switch, could be the motor, could be trash jammed in it. I'd start by looking under there with a flashlight.

hmmm ill take a look but it does work, it will lower and raise it just seems like it should be able to raise more, it could just be that im weird, i dunno.

In that case the seat is working as designed. I will say that the seats in the early LS cars sat very low and don't raise all that much. For shorter people I can see where they still might be low even when raised all the way. I saw someone mentioned about all the adjustments but even with all of them I have never been able to adjust the seat exactly how I would prefer.

In that case the seat is working as designed. I will say that the seats in the early LS cars sat very low and don't raise all that much. For shorter people I can see where they still might be low even when raised all the way. I saw someone mentioned about all the adjustments but even with all of them I have never been able to adjust the seat exactly how I would prefer.

yea im about 5 6" so im short, your having problems finding a good setting too?

Maybe give us a photo from the side of your seat raised to the maximum height. My barely 5 foot tall wife drove our 90 LS many times over the 13 1/2 years we had it and she seemed to find a comfortable position where she could easily see out. The 95-up LS has a noticably higher potential seating position than the early LS.

Maybe give us a photo from the side of your seat raised to the maximum height. My barely 5 foot tall wife drove our 90 LS many times over the 13 1/2 years we had it and she seemed to find a comfortable position where she could easily see out. The 95-up LS has a noticably higher potential seating position than the early LS.

yea ill take a pic