Random Questions From A New 06 400h Owner

first off, thanks for everyone who contributes to this forum. i've learned a lot already especially from the heavy posters. a few quick questions i was hoping to have answered regarding my recently purchased 06 rx 400h:

1) can you sync/copy phone entries from your phone to the nav system via bt?

2) where are the 11 speakers in the ml system? i see 2 on the dash, 2 front doors speakers, 1 dash sub, 2 a-pillars speakers, and 2 back door speakers. i'm missing 2. just bothers me :)

3) is there really no trip timer? i used to have this on my rx300 and used it all the time.

4) is vais still the most elegant ipod solution? i've read many articles on this, but they all date from 3-4 years ago.

5) i know the 400h is not meant for off road, but has anyone tried loose sand (beach driving)? it's not exactly rock crawling and is maybe more akin to snowy conditions which i assume the 400h is better at.

many thanks to anyone who can help!

I can't find my shop manual (which really irks me) but I do believe one of those locations has two speakers in it. I 'think' the back door speakers are considered 'woofers' but also have a normal speaker in there. Or maybe the front door locations have a normal speaker and a tweeter. Argh..really need my shop manual. Regardless, one of those locations you've mentioned actually contain two sets of speakers.

i will attempt a start of an answer, yes i believe you can sync contacts via bluetooth to the lexus system, there are two trip odometers, use the little rectangular button to the left of the steeringwheel, not sure what you mean by a trip timer, there is no 'miles to empty' fuel display that alot of people miss from other cars, it doesnt bother me. yes to number four as far as i know, and regarding the fifth question loose sand and excessive wheel spinning opens the possibility of burning out the electric motors, i have taken mine on the beach in coastal oregon, but it really isnt a good idea for this vehicle. i will work on counting speakers or speak to my service manager. enjoy your 400h and welcome

thanks for all the answers. i think the trip timer just doesnt exist. i know about the odometers, but the rx300 actually times each trip. it starts when you turn on the car so you know how long you've been driving. i found it useful, but apparently lexus did not :( again, appreciate all the help!

thanks for all the answers. i think the trip timer just doesnt exist. i know about the odometers, but the rx300 actually times each trip. it starts when you turn on the car so you know how long you've been driving. i found it useful, but apparently lexus did not :( again, appreciate all the help!

You can use the INFO screen (where it shows the bars for power and regeneration) to see how long you have been driving since the car was started... sort of. Try it out.

Found my shop manual. Will keep it under my pillow from now on.

Here are the Mark Levinson stereo/speaker specs -

Tweeter (these are the speakers in the A pillar) - 2cm, 8 ohms

Squawker (the two up front in the dash) - 6.5cm, 8 ohms

Woofer (in the front doors) - 6x9, 8 ohms

Full Range (in the back doors) - 16 cm + 2 cm, 16 ohms (I think this is where they come up with the two extra to make 11 speakers)

Squawker (center) - 6.5 cm, 8 ohms

OUTPUT - 240 W

thanks lemon, the 11 speaker claim is a bit misleading i suppose...many home theater speakers are 3-way, but they arent considered 3 speakers. oh well :/

also thanks to skyfish for the tip on the trip time. it's in 5 min increments and maxes out at 30min or so, but better than nothing maybe. appreciate the effort nonetheless.

one more question for you all. does the front cup holder (in the center console) have really big holes? almost looks like an insert could go in so that it could accommodate soda cans. in mine, a soda can could fall over the holes are so big. wondering if my 400h is just missing some insert/adapter. plus i feel 2 screw tips protruding from underneath in to the cup holder space. is this common too? kind of odd i guess. thanks!!

thanks lemon, the 11 speaker claim is a bit misleading i suppose...many home theater speakers are 3-way, but they arent considered 3 speakers. oh well :/

also thanks to skyfish for the tip on the trip time. it's in 5 min increments and maxes out at 30min or so, but better than nothing maybe. appreciate the effort nonetheless.

one more question for you all. does the front cup holder (in the center console) have really big holes? almost looks like an insert could go in so that it could accommodate soda cans. in mine, a soda can could fall over the holes are so big. wondering if my 400h is just missing some insert/adapter. plus i feel 2 screw tips protruding from underneath in to the cup holder space. is this common too? kind of odd i guess. thanks!!

found the answer to my questions on an edmunds.com stock photo. i think im missing an insert that sizes the space down for normal sized drinks. ill look on ebay i guess unless someone has one for sale.

I think if you go on the nav system, under info

trip info it shows a trip timer

anyone know where i can get the cup holder divider/insert for the center console on an 06 400h? cant seem to find it on ebay or the web...thanks!

found the answer to my questions on an edmunds.com stock photo. i think im missing an insert that sizes the space down for normal sized drinks. ill look on ebay i guess unless someone has one for sale.