Lexus Warranty Extension

Hi, obviously im new to to lexus and new to the blog. i just got used RX400h and an IS350. the IS is still under warranty and i have already extended it. but the problem is the RX. it was over 50K when i got it, and it was a 4yr/50K warranty. it has the powertrain warranty though the dealership but not the bumper to bumper warranty. what should i do? is there any way i can get a bumper to bumper warranty still? am i doomed? because i heard it's very expensive to have work done on lexuses :(

Please advise. thank you.

Do you belong to a credit union? Some offer extended warrantees on members' vehicles. But if there's any one brand that does not need an extended warranty, it's Lexus. Our 2006 is almost 5 years old and hasn't had a single thing wrong with it. Now that's a good sign for future reliability.

Hi, obviously im new to to lexus and new to the blog. i just got used RX400h and an IS350. the IS is still under warranty and i have already extended it. but the problem is the RX. it was over 50K when i got it, and it was a 4yr/50K warranty. it has the powertrain warranty though the dealership but not the bumper to bumper warranty. what should i do? is there any way i can get a bumper to bumper warranty still? am i doomed? because i heard it's very expensive to have work done on lexuses :(

The individual below:

"My Email address is : TobyToyota@aol.com

1-800-335-3987"

got good reviews and sells (at a discount) the Lexus warranties (and also for other cars). He was very prompt in answering a query from me - but I did not buy the warranty because there is no need to make a decision before the original warranty ends, and mine has long time to go. You might want to call him and get his suggestions, if any?

[i'm not sure he will be able to help, but may provide some useful direction].

The individual below:

1-800-335-3987"

got good reviews and sells (at a discount) the Lexus warranties (and also for other cars). He was very prompt in answering a query from me - but I did not buy the warranty because there is no need to make a decision before the original warranty ends, and mine has long time to go. You might want to call him and get his suggestions, if any?

I just recently purchased an extended warranty shortly after the original warranty expired from Toby for my 2006 rx400h. I bought the platinum lexus warranty for much less than what dealers here quoted me. Toby was great to work with. The car has been great, but being its a complex, high tech vehicle with many electrical components I just felt better that knowing that I was covered. Luckily, within a month of getting the warranty, my ML changer started acting up and had it replaced.

Do you belong to a credit union? Some offer extended warrantees on members' vehicles. But if there's any one brand that does not need an extended warranty, it's Lexus. Our 2006 is almost 5 years old and hasn't had a single thing wrong with it. Now that's a good sign for future reliability.

Oh wow, that's pretty cool, I'm really glad to hear that. but since we bought the RX400h used from 1 owner, I'm not exactly sure how he/she took care of the car? I just don't want anything to come up and us having to pay all-cost. did you buy your brand new or used?

The individual below:

1-800-335-3987"

I just recently purchased an extended warranty shortly after the original warranty expired from Toby for my 2006 rx400h. I bought the platinum lexus warranty for much less than what dealers here quoted me. Toby was great to work with. The car has been great, but being its a complex, high tech vehicle with many electrical components I just felt better that knowing that I was covered. Luckily, within a month of getting the warranty, my ML changer started acting up and had it replaced.

thank you

• 4 weeks later...

So, I met with Toby this past weekend on my way to Louisiana to visit some friends. It took me no more than 10 minutes to get everything in and out of the door. He had prepared everything that I needed way before I came in to see him. I feel absolutely relaxed now about having a warranty on my RX400h, I feel safe. and FYI, this is not just an ordinary warranty, this is the LEXUS PLATINUM WARRANTY! even makes me feel better.

Great deal, Great service, Great guy... thanks TOBY!

1-800-335-3987"

• 1 month later...

Man, this new site format leaves me cold. But that's for another day and post.

I am currently shopping for factory extended warranties for our two 2007 RX400hs. Obviously the decision on miles and time are personal to how we drives our vehicles.

But, one thing puzzles me. I have read (but cannot locate with the search engine) that the extended warranty must be purchased within 4 years of the MANUFACTURE DATE as posted on the door sill. But 4 local dealers I have called told me that this was flat wrong--the deadline is (a more probable) four years from my date of purchase.

Can anyone clear this up?

Tom

I am currently shopping for factory extended warranties for our two 2007 RX400hs. Obviously the decision on miles and time are personal to how we drives our vehicles.

But, one thing puzzles me. I have read (but cannot locate with the search engine) that the extended warranty must be purchased within 4 years of the MANUFACTURE DATE as posted on the door sill. But 4 local dealers I have called told me that this was flat wrong--the deadline is (a more probable) four years from my date of purchase.

Tom

It is from the date of first sale. -- I had recommended "TobyToyota" as you can see in the posts above,even though I had not met him -- I recommend you give him a call. Good luck!

So, I met with Toby this past weekend on my way to Louisiana to visit some friends. It took me no more than 10 minutes to get everything in and out of the door. He had prepared everything that I needed way before I came in to see him. I feel absolutely relaxed now about having a warranty on my RX400h, I feel safe. and FYI, this is not just an ordinary warranty, this is the LEXUS PLATINUM WARRANTY! even makes me feel better.

Great deal, Great service, Great guy... thanks TOBY!

1-800-335-3987"

Hi CJAY. I had missed your post in April, but am really glad that your experience confirms what I had heard about "TobyToyota". Thank you for reporting back. I will give him a call when my warranty is close to ending.

Tom

It is from the date of first sale. -- I had recommended "TobyToyota" as you can see in the posts above,even though I had not met him -- I recommend you give him a call. Good luck!

I bought my extended warranty two days shy of the 4 yr anniversary of my delivery date and coincidentally 20 miles shy of 50,000 miles. I bought it from a dealer in Mass & I live in CA. I was worried that the mailing of papers would not get there in time until he told me it wasn't critical and he would "take care of it". They want to sell the product, they will no doubt make a profit on it, and in talking to him and other dealers, I got the impression they will not hassle a few miles or a few days. They just take my word for mileage. I got a real good price from Toyota of Greenfield, TDietrich@FD-warranty.com