Rear End Width

JHamel

Hello I wonder if someone could help. I need to find out the width of the rear axle in a IS300 from Hub to Hub for a custom project. Thanks much

You know this is IRS not a rigid axle ?

Hello I wonder if someone could help. I need to find out the width of the rear axle in a IS300 from Hub to Hub for a custom project. Thanks much

You know this is IRS not a rigid axle ?

Thanks, Yes I know it's IRS thats the attraction. My son Hudson and I are rebuilding 1935 Hudson 2 door sedan with modern appointments. Like a 4L V8 Lexus engine and 5 speed automatic. The challage is the width of the rear end in the LS400 and SC400 is to wide for the car. So I was hoping since the IS300 is a smaller car it may work with out radical work narrowing it.

I went to my local wrecker but the only one they have has been pretty well stripped. Thanks much

how about a mazda miata?

Thanks for the idea. Not sure it could handle the HP from a 4L V8.

Also my wife had a Mazda years ago when we meet, all I did was fix it over and over with no dealer or manufacture support. Valve job, wheel bearings, 5 waterpumps, parking brake siezes every 5-6 months, exhaust failed at hangers every 18 months, ignition issuses no car for 5 weeks and $3000 repair bill! I would rather walk than drive anything Mazda related. Sorry very bad experience. Just Toyota or Lexus for us now.