Rx330 Cd Player Error Code 4

320ibimmer

I am experiencing a problem with the CD player in my '04 RX330. Intermittently when I select a CD or try to eject and load CD's the unit freezes and the message 'Error Code 4' appears on the radio screen. Does anyone know what the problem could be and how it can be corrected?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

I am experiencing a problem with the CD player in my '04 RX330. Intermittently when I select a CD or try to eject and load CD's the unit freezes and the message 'Error Code 4' appears on the radio screen. Does anyone know what the problem could be and how it can be corrected?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

I have the same issue with my 2004 RX330. The CD's will load but will not eject. Looking forward to knowing what this is all about.

Thanks in advance!

I have a 9-year-old Blaupunkt audio unit installed in my 11-year-old Dodge Ram pickup. It's been a great system for the money but from time to time it will freeze up when playing a CD and display "Error Code 4" or "Error Code 5". When that happens, usually just turning off the power switch to the unit, waiting five seconds, and turning it back on will resolve the issue. On the couple of occasions when just turning the unit off and then back on has not worked, I popped off the removable faceplate, located the master reset button, and pushed it to clear everything in the unit. Once that's done I can eject the CD using the eject button. Of course, I also have to reset the time, preset radio stations, treble and bass preferences, etc.

I'm assuming these RX330 units also have a master reset button, but I don't know where it is since my wife has never reported a problem with hers to me. Check your owners manual in the audio section.

When these CD units start to display error codes after a number of years, it may mean that your unit's laser needs recalibration. Not too big a deal if you can remove the unit yourself and take it to an audio shop that can perform recalibrations. But you may have a more serious problem if the eject mechanism will not respond to pressing the eject button. Could be failing circuits, failing switches, or even just dirt or grime on the circuit boards....

When my Blaupunkt unit finally begins doing this frequently enough to *BLEEP* me off, I'll just replace it. These units have more or less become commodities now and if you're planning to keep the vehicle for awhile, you may be better off replacing rather than repairing. Depends on the degree of difficulty to pull the unit, whether it just needs a simple calibration, and what the cost would be....

• 1 year later...

This is a well documented problem with the RX's cd player. Either remove and replace it with a new unit or see if an audio store can repair your unit (better off getting a new unit from Lexus if you can afford it *$7-800* or just go aftermarket with a plug to allow the steering wheel controls to continue to work). My solution was to transfer my discs to my ipod/ iphone, now I don't have to fool with discs or cases all over the place. YMMV. Very soon you'll be looking for speakers for the lower front doors. I'm at 144,000 miles, driver side replaced, now passenger side is going....

Ray