! Window Not Opening And Closing On Either Of The Switches

Hi

I have a lexus rx400h

About a month ago, on the drivers side the central locking and windows switch stopped working, so I took it to a lexus centre and he had a look and came back within 5 mins saying some wires were not clicked in properly, I gather this must be the wires in the drivers door switch, does anyone know how I can check if it has become loose again as the rear window has stopped working??, or could it be a connection to a different place.???

Help is much appreciated.

Has your Rx ever been into an accident? Is there any other reason anyone would have taken the door apart?

I can totally understand how some of the wires to the plug for that panel could break if used a lot. Lexus uses pretty rigid wires that can break in the insulation very easily...

Does the switch on the rear door work, or are both the rear door switch AND your switch for it broken?

Has your Rx ever been into an accident? Is there any other reason anyone would have taken the door apart?

I can totally understand how some of the wires to the plug for that panel could break if used a lot. Lexus uses pretty rigid wires that can break in the insulation very easily...

Does the switch on the rear door work, or are both the rear door switch AND your switch for it broken?

Nope never been in an accident.

The left back window switch doesn't work either, so it's both, I think it's a loose wire, no Idea how to check, any idea so I can eliminate that.

I had to take off the plate that covers the switches on the drivers side and had to disconnect the plug-in wire connectors for a separate issue. They were pretty easy to take off. Even though they were easy to disconnect, (they were like phone plugs that connect into the phone jack on your wall), I can't see them disconnecting on their own. Like a phone jack, there is a one-way push in connection and a little gizmo has to be pushed at the same time as you pull to take them off. The plate, or bezel, whatever that switch cover is called, was easy to pry off. Just be careful not to tear or scratch the surrounding materials. You might want to take a screw driver and put tape at the end of it. Anyway, I would pop it off on the drivers side, see if there is an obvious reason for your problem. After that, I wouldn't know what to do so I would take it in to Lexus. I like to figure things out, within my ability, and fix things that I can before taking the car in...(like all of the annoying rattles that I fixed in my car...I found them all!). My dealer is great about not charging me for a lot of the issues that I have come across...the "little things". I hope this is a little thing, good luck. Warmly, Rey in L.A.

Since the rear door switch also doesn't work, i will assume you do indeed have a loose wire on the drivers door. If the drivers door switches are broken or not connected, none of the windows can open even from their own switches.

I would do what RXREY suggested and pry the panel out and peek underneath. My guess is the plug will be plugged in as normal, but that one of the individual wires has lost conductivity. Wiggle each of the wires a little and see if there's a break under the insulation.

Hi

I have a lexus rx400h

About a month ago, on the drivers side the central locking and windows switch stopped working, so I took it to a lexus centre and he had a look and came back within 5 mins saying some wires were not clicked in properly, I gather this must be the wires in the drivers door switch, does anyone know how I can check if it has become loose again as the rear window has stopped working??, or could it be a connection to a different place.???

The windows will lose programing if the battery is disconnected. The reset proceudre is simple, just hold the window control button in the UP postion for a long time like 30-45 seconds while the car is in READY state. I think that is the process.

Hi

I have a lexus rx400h

The windows will lose programing if the battery is disconnected. The reset proceudre is simple, just hold the window control button in the UP postion for a long time like 30-45 seconds while the car is in READY state. I think that is the process.

Yes, that is true but check first to see if the sun roof opens. If it doesn't, then do as SKYFISH says...it's simple to reprogram everything....but when the battery IS disconnected EVERYTHING, all windows and the sunroof will be affected. If the sunroof opens, then it's the connection as I stated earlier. Good luck, Rey

I had to take off the plate that covers the switches on the drivers side and had to disconnect the plug-in wire connectors for a separate issue. They were pretty easy to take off. Even though they were easy to disconnect, (they were like phone plugs that connect into the phone jack on your wall), I can't see them disconnecting on their own. Like a phone jack, there is a one-way push in connection and a little gizmo has to be pushed at the same time as you pull to take them off. The plate, or bezel, whatever that switch cover is called, was easy to pry off. Just be careful not to tear or scratch the surrounding materials. You might want to take a screw driver and put tape at the end of it. Anyway, I would pop it off on the drivers side, see if there is an obvious reason for your problem. After that, I wouldn't know what to do so I would take it in to Lexus. I like to figure things out, within my ability, and fix things that I can before taking the car in...(like all of the annoying rattles that I fixed in my car...I found them all!). My dealer is great about not charging me for a lot of the issues that I have come across...the "little things". I hope this is a little thing, good luck. Warmly, Rey in L.A.

Thanks, I fixed, I took the cover off the drivers door, all the plugs were ok, so I had a look at the rear passenger door, for some reason the plug was half out, so I pushed it back in, , but its working OK, now. no idea how the plug came out.

Thanks

Thanks, I fixed, I took the cover off the drivers door, all the plugs were ok, so I had a look at the rear passenger door, for some reason the plug was half out, so I pushed it back in, , but its working OK, now. no idea how the plug came out.

Thanks

Great!