Strange Beeping

jbcamel

My 2007 ES350 started to make a beeping noise two days ago. It beeps once about 30 seconds after I turn the car off. Sometimes it beeps again several seconds later. It sometimes beeps when I put the car into park, and today for the first time it beeped while I was driving.

I tried to figure out where it was coming from and my best guess is somewhere behind the GPS/CD player/radio area. I put my ear near the area. I can hear a low humming noise first and then a fairly loud beep.

There are no warning lights at all when the car is on.

This is driving me nuts. I'm due for routine maintenance in about four weeks but don't want to take any chances if there's a problem.

My husband used to handle all the car issues but he passed away last year and I'm not very good at this stuff yet.

Help!

Jane

My 2007 ES350 started to make a beeping noise two days ago. It beeps once about 30 seconds after I turn the car off. Sometimes it beeps again several seconds later. It sometimes beeps when I put the car into park, and today for the first time it beeped while I was driving.

I tried to figure out where it was coming from and my best guess is somewhere behind the GPS/CD player/radio area. I put my ear near the area. I can hear a low humming noise first and then a fairly loud beep.

There are no warning lights at all when the car is on.

This is driving me nuts. I'm due for routine maintenance in about four weeks but don't want to take any chances if there's a problem.

My husband used to handle all the car issues but he passed away last year and I'm not very good at this stuff yet.

Help!

Jane

The beeping is tied to the locking system. I do not recall all of the details, but it is nothing to worry about. Get them to explain it to you when in for normal service, or you can check the manual.

I'd definately ask the dealer about that...

Sorry to hear about your husband. Stick around here, we'll help ya ;)

SWO is right. Stick around here. These are all nice people who are willing to help. Only beeping I have ever heard is when i take a corner too quick in the snow and the car slides on me. Just a warning the wheels are slipping which is a great feature. Give's just the extra bit of time to react if you happen to not be paying attention for a second. I would run it out to the dealer. Tell them your not pleased and they always jump for me.

Good luck!