'03 Ls430 Slight Shaking Around 55-60 Mph

urbanspan

Hello fellow Lexus owners!

I have seen multiple topics that may address my specific situation, but most are on older versions of the LS. I assume they probably apply to my '03 LS 430, but thought I'd see what advice you may have!

I recently purchased the '03 LS430 from a dealer. I purchased the car with 107,500 miles....now it's around 109,500. I've noticed that on the highway, the steering wheel begins to shake slightly once I hit 55-60 MPH. At 70-75, the shaking still exists.

When I purchased the car, they told me the tires had been balanced at 107K miles. Any advice as to the best way to trouble shoot the problem without spending gobs of money? The tires are not new, but not in bad shape.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Joey

Here is a good summary of possible causes of vibration and how to diagnose. You can at least narrow down the choices before taking it in to a mechanic. Good luck!

http://www.aa1car.com/library/vibrations.htm

Hello fellow Lexus owners!

I have seen multiple topics that may address my specific situation, but most are on older versions of the LS. I assume they probably apply to my '03 LS 430, but thought I'd see what advice you may have!

I recently purchased the '03 LS430 from a dealer. I purchased the car with 107,500 miles....now it's around 109,500. I've noticed that on the highway, the steering wheel begins to shake slightly once I hit 55-60 MPH. At 70-75, the shaking still exists.

When I purchased the car, they told me the tires had been balanced at 107K miles. Any advice as to the best way to trouble shoot the problem without spending gobs of money? The tires are not new, but not in bad shape.

Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Joey

My 04 LS was the same, and even with multiple balancings it only got marginally better - never went away totally. Finally, the tires got worn and I replaced them with some new Michilen Primacy - now it's gone. It's almost always tire/wheel related when it behaves as you describe, and probably in the front wheels since you feel it more in the steering wheel.