98 Gs 300 Head And Tail Light Replacement

Have low beam head light and tail light that I have to replace. Low beam head light: how do I remove it? same question for tail light.

Tail light: I see the two plugs in the trunk liner. Do I remove those and then remove the nuts on the posts and that allows me to remove the tail light lens?

Have low beam head light and tail light that I have to replace. Low beam head light: how do I remove it? same question for tail light.

Tail light: I see the two plugs in the trunk liner. Do I remove those and then remove the nuts on the posts and that allows me to remove the tail light lens?

I've already replaced a few tail light bulbs, it's pretty easy. On the outside facing part of the light, if you look to the inside, around the seal for the trunk, you will notice two covers. Pop them both off on each tail light assembly and remove the bolts. Then you just need a 10mm wrench to get the nuts off, there is one included in the cars tool kit. Once you get them started, you can turn them by hand to get them off, using the wrench the whole way would be silly. Once you have those two nuts and the other two bolts removed, pull the whole light back and off, but be careful, the electrical wires don't have a lot of slack to them.

I would recommend just taking the tools with you and going to Napa or whatever and just changing them in the parking lot, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes or so. Now I can't remember exactly what the bulb numbers are, so you should take out the ones you need replaced and take them in with you so you can get the right ones. I can post pictures later when I get home if you need them, but it really is quite simple.

I do not know how to change the low beam headlight though, hopefully someone else can explain that.

I've already replaced a few tail light bulbs, it's pretty easy. On the outside facing part of the light, if you look to the inside, around the seal for the trunk, you will notice two covers. Pop them both off on each tail light assembly and remove the bolts. Then you just need a 10mm wrench to get the nuts off, there is one included in the cars tool kit. Once you get them started, you can turn them by hand to get them off, using the wrench the whole way would be silly. Once you have those two nuts and the other two bolts removed, pull the whole light back and off, but be careful, the electrical wires don't have a lot of slack to them.

I would recommend just taking the tools with you and going to Napa or whatever and just changing them in the parking lot, shouldn't take more than 5 minutes or so. Now I can't remember exactly what the bulb numbers are, so you should take out the ones you need replaced and take them in with you so you can get the right ones. I can post pictures later when I get home if you need them, but it really is quite simple.

I do not know how to change the low beam headlight though, hopefully someone else can explain that.

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE...tail light sounds like a piece of cake. For the head light, the Caution in the owners manual sounds like I might get a shock if I try to do it myself. Do I wear a complete rubber suit?

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE...tail light sounds like a piece of cake. For the head light, the Caution in the owners manual sounds like I might get a shock if I try to do it myself. Do I wear a complete rubber suit?

Haha nah, just unplug the battery before you do it and you won't have any problems.

1. HEADLIGHT SYSTEM

Halogen bulbs have pressurized gas inside and require special handling. They can burst if scratched

or dropped. Hold a bulb only by its plastic or metal case. Don’t touch the glass part of a bulb with bare

hands.

When high voltage socket of discharge headlight is touched with the light control switch HEAD, high

voltage of 20,000 V is momentarily generated. This might lead to a serious accident.

Never connect the tester to the high voltage socket of discharge headlight for measurement, as this

leads to a serious accident because of high voltage.

When performing operation related to the discharge headlight, make sure to do it in the place with no

water of rain to prevent electric shock, with light control switch OFF, battery terminal removed, connector

of light control ECU disconnected.

When performing operation related to the discharge headlight, make sure to do it after assembling has

been completely over and never light up without a bulb installed.

Do not light up the discharge headlight using another power source except vehicle’s.

When there is a defect on the discharge headlight or any shock has been applied to it, replace the light

with a new one.

Even if the light operates normally, there is a possibility that the fail–safe function works

:cheers: