How To Add Iphone Connection To 99 Es300

I want to play my iPhone music over my factory stereo.

To keep my factory stereo head unit, I'm planning on using an FM modulator tapped in thru the FM antenna input on the back of the stereo. I've heard the sound quality is much better than an FM transmitter.

To connect the iPhone to the FM modulator, I plan to use a "Direct Audio Input From iPod Dock Connector to RCA Cable." Both items require power, so I wonder where I should connect the power to the car. Should I run a power cable to the battery or can I tap into something nearby? I would prefer to tap into the stereo power supply (if that's a good idea??) so that the two devices pull power only when the car is running.

On Amazon.com, I found these two FM modulators - and the third item is the "iPod dock connector to RCA cable."

Audiovox FM Modulator

Scose FM modulator

Ipod dock connector to RCA cable

Any advice on the best FM modulator is welcome. AND any advice on where to draw power from would be especially appreciated!! B)

Also, any advice on how to identify your recommended wire. Thks!!

One way to power aftermarket accessories is to use an add-a-circuit / piggyback fuse at the underdash fuse box -- they are made for this purpose. You can find them at auto parts stores and on the Internet. There are a number of different types and brands available -- some may get in the way of attaching the fuse box cover. I attached a photo on this thread: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;hl=piggyback

Another method is to attach the accessory power wire to the wire leading to the cigarette lighter or DC power port -- I did this for my portable GPS but I would have used a piggyback fuse if I had known they existed.

One way to power aftermarket accessories is to use an add-a-circuit / piggyback fuse at the underdash fuse box -- they are made for this purpose. You can find them at auto parts stores and on the Internet. There are a number of different types and brands available -- some may get in the way of attaching the fuse box cover. I attached a photo on this thread: http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums/index...mp;hl=piggyback

Another method is to attach the accessory power wire to the wire leading to the cigarette lighter or DC power port -- I did this for my portable GPS but I would have used a piggyback fuse if I had known they existed.

Cool! This was invaluably helpful. I will look for a piggbyback fuse at the auto parts stores!! Thanks.