Wont Start When Warmed Up

98 es 300 wont start when its fully warmed up, i have to give it gas for a few seconds before it turns over. It only happens when i cut it off then start it up like 5 10 min later.

Its not that big of a deal for me since i can get it started by pressing the gas but my sisters integra does the same thing and she doesn't

understand to give it gas (showed her like 5 times and continually have to drive to her car and start it).

Obviously this isnt an acura forum but i figured w.e the problem with my es 300 is something similar to the integras.

Any advice? should I clean intake manifold, check radiator psi...etc

thanks

How does it start when the engine is cold? Does the ambient temp make a difference? ie. cold morning vs warmer afternoon. Any other symptoms such as check engine light. Assuming no other symptoms, I would first check coolant sensor. Note that there are separate sensor for the gauge and ECU, make sure to check the correct one.

Do you get any codes? Sometimes you get a code even if the check engine light is not on. Without a code is hard to identify, it's got to be a sensor somewhere doing this. I don't think that the radiator or intake manifold got anything to do with hard starting when hot. Maybe(only maybe) the crank sensor.

Do you get any codes? Sometimes you get a code even if the check engine light is not on. Without a code is hard to identify, it's got to be a sensor somewhere doing this. I don't think that the radiator or intake manifold got anything to do with hard starting when hot. Maybe(only maybe) the crank sensor.

The possible solution is to change the crankshaft position sensor(CPS) if you can not start when the engine is hot. The common phenonem of this problem is that the engine cranks, but not start. It means the starter is good. The possible reason will be the fuel pump, no compression and no spark. Among them and based on what you described, the best and cheapest solution is to replace the CPS. Because the CPS is a kind of resistor. A fault CPS works like this. When it is cold, it gives a signal at normal level ('cause the resistance is normal). When it is hot, the resistance grows very quickly, so it gives a too weak signal for ECU to recoginize it is a signal to spark.

I solved this problem on my another - my Saturn.

It is cheap, you may try it.

Good luck.

How does it start when the engine is cold? Does the ambient temp make a difference? ie. cold morning vs warmer afternoon. Any other symptoms such as check engine light. Assuming no other symptoms, I would first check coolant sensor. Note that there are separate sensor for the gauge and ECU, make sure to check the correct one.

Both cars start fine when cold. Typically in the afternoon i don't recall in the morning. no check engine light