95 Lexus Gs 300 Charging System Warning Light:(

I have a 95 Lexus Gs 300.

Yesterday when me and my wife got home we came inside, but she remembered that we needed milk so she went out to the car to go to the store and about 5 minutes later she came inside saying the battery warning light was on. I looked in the manual and it wasn't the battery low level warning light but the Charging system warning light. I believe this means the charging system for the battery(Meaning the Alternator).

So this morning when i went outside to start the car to let it warm up(I live in Dillingham Alaska in the Bush so i will let my car warm up for 15 minutes) When i started the car the light wasn't on so i went inside and told my wife(Woo Hoo). Well after i got shoes and a coat on my kid, me and my wife went out to the car to go too work and the Damn light was on.

So i left work at 12:30 today to go to my grandmas garage were i could pull the car part way so i could get out of the snow. Took the Alternator off and took it to Napa Auto Parts. They said the alternator was Perfect. Put the alternator back in and light still staid on. Went up to my dads to get a terminal for the car with the car and on my way back down to my grandmas the Low Oil level Light went on. ABS warning light came on. Trac light turned on. And Check engine light that is on because it hasn't been recet turned off(Finally) but then a couple of minutes later Alot of the warning light turned back of but never the Charging engine light. So i went down to my grandmas and replaced the terminal and the Charging system warning light would blink off ever 2 minutes or so. All positive wires are fine. Negative ground looks good. Battery slowly died right when i got it to one of the towns machanics shops. He tested the battery and said he charged it to 14 Volts. Don't think its the battery its only a year old. I really don't know just going to go out tomorrow and chase every light down. O and the Alternator Fuse looks fine. Can any body help me before i try buyiing a new brain Chip or system or whatever its called.

Get the codes pulled with a OBDII reader, That way you will know what to replace/repair.

My uncle has a OBDII Reader and says it only goes from 96 and up. Also its not just my charging system warning light is on, but that my battery is getting drained with no charge going back to it. I talked to another one of my friends last night and he said the you can't use an OBDII Reader on the charging system. U would need an Chargin System Reader or sumthing like that but he said good luck trying to find one in this town.

I'll be outside going through every wire and cable. Will check this forum again in a couple of hours.

Get the codes pulled with a OBDII reader, That way you will know what to replace/repair.

My uncle has a OBDII Reader and says it only goes from 96 and up. Also its not just my charging system warning light is on, but that my battery is getting drained with no charge going back to it. I talked to another one of my friends last night and he said the you can't use an OBDII Reader on the charging system. U would need an Chargin System Reader or sumthing like that but he said good luck trying to find one in this town.

I'll be outside going through every wire and cable. Will check this forum again in a couple of hours.

I made a goof :chairshot: You need a OBD1 Reader. :cheers: