2002 Es 300 Battery

Hello All,

I have 2002 ES300 with approximately 79000+ miles.

Recently, I decided to replace the battery after battery test came out with 220 CCA @ NTB.This battery was installed in mid 2005 by local Lexus dealership and I thought it is the right time to change this battery. Do you think, I should have waited more?

I decided to go with Interstate Battey MTP-24F (http://www.interstatebatteries.com/cs_estore/Search.aspx/Automotive-Truck/Lexus/ES300?dsNavigation=N~21-4294492895-4294492858-2147384742).

Did I make a wise choice? and what price will you pay for a new battery?

Also, I was told that this battery has 36 months free replacement (I do NOT see this listed any where in the battery specifications. How to verify?) and 85-month pro-rate (this is listed in the battery specifications). Can you explain what pro-rata means and how it works, please?

Thanks

Vic

interstate is good battery but warrenty is less then others. I bought from Orailly don't remember the brand but first three years free replacement and total 7 yrear with prorated. total cost was ~$100-$105.

for me, all battery are same and 4-5 years life in Houston

That Interstate battery is what I am going with too...800 CCA's! You betcha...nice choice. B) How does the battery fit compared to the old one? same size?

:cheers:

I have the Interstate MT-35 ...its the megatron 85 month warranty. It was put in december 2006, and had it inspected few days ago, i got CC of around 610. So it seems the battery is holding up well.

Just make sure the 24 model is 85month, i was pretty sure only the megatron was 85months pro-rated.

btw...i asked the battery place, if i were to have it replaced(prorated), it would cost me 55 for a new battery plus install. THey are selling new battery for about 100. I too have an 02 model.

I think they are of the same size. I checked on the Interstate Battery web site BEFORE ordering.

http://www.interstatebatteries.com/cs_eSto...2858-2147384742

I hope this helps ...........

Vic

That Interstate battery is what I am going with too...800 CCA's! You betcha...nice choice. B) How does the battery fit compared to the old one? same size?

:cheers: