Kyb Front Mounts

eemueller

While inspecting my front suspension components, I noticed that the OEM struts were leaking on both sides. After reading some posts and reviews, I decided to go with the KYB G2 front shock/strut. And since the car is a bit over 120K, I figured I'd replace the rears with KYBs , as well. I also read several posts that suggested replacing the mounts at the same time, however, I couldn't find a KYB front mount for my model. I see that KYB makes a rear mount and that Monroe offers a front mount so I'm curious what others have done when they've switched to KYB struts. I checked the KYB website and they don't list a front mount for sc300/400. Thanks.

While inspecting my front suspension components, I noticed that the OEM struts were leaking on both sides. After reading some posts and reviews, I decided to go with the KYB G2 front shock/strut. And since the car is a bit over 120K, I figured I'd replace the rears with KYBs , as well. I also read several posts that suggested replacing the mounts at the same time, however, I couldn't find a KYB front mount for my model. I see that KYB makes a rear mount and that Monroe offers a front mount so I'm curious what others have done when they've switched to KYB struts. I checked the KYB website and they don't list a front mount for sc300/400. Thanks.

My sc400 is 1992 with 97k i just replace my front struts with monroes, but i did not replace the mount and is seems find so what i mean is check the mounts first if they okey so you use them but if you feel like want to replace them you can go with monroes struts they ride real good and smooth.I am not a mechanic neather have alot of experience but that is what i had done to mine.Thanks.