Switching Sythetic To Synthetic Blend

I had my 60K service done @ a local toyota dealership.

Overall great service, however I did notice on my bill it said Oil-Bulk. I had told the service manager over the phone that the car had fully synthetic in it.

When I called he said that they use a synthetic blend from toyota unless it is specified on the oil cap. I reminded him that I had mentioned the car ran fully synthetic & the sticker they replaced from the last oil change specified the brand & type of oil used.

All in all he told me it is nothing I should worry about. I asked if I could revert back to fully Synthetic @ my next change & he said it shouldnt be a problem.

Should I be concerned? All other services provided were top notch.

Regards.

I had my 60K service done @ a local toyota dealership.

Overall great service, however I did notice on my bill it said Oil-Bulk. I had told the service manager over the phone that the car had fully synthetic in it.

When I called he said that they use a synthetic blend from toyota unless it is specified on the oil cap. I reminded him that I had mentioned the car ran fully synthetic & the sticker they replaced from the last oil change specified the brand & type of oil used.

All in all he told me it is nothing I should worry about. I asked if I could revert back to fully Synthetic @ my next change & he said it shouldnt be a problem.

Should I be concerned? All other services provided were top notch.

Regards.

Nothing major here but if you wanted to, you could push it and ask for them to put in what you specified, now rather than at your next service. However I would be more concerned that there was a breakdown in communications. If it happens for something as simple as a drain, then what should you expect for service that's more involved? Some shops work to a routine and use parts that they're comfortable with and is expedient for them without regard to what the customer might ask for. Whether it's a grab for greater profit, poor memnory, a lazy attitude, or whatever, you can minimize the ocurrence by checking what's put on the paperwork before they start the work and you sign the order. No arguments with a written document! Any kind of substitution for service or parts by a shop should only be done with the knowledge and approval of the customer. I think the service mgr just doesn't value synthetic as much as you do. It's hard to find shops that take as much care in servicing your car as you do or would like, but when you find one, they're gold!

Agreed!

I only had this change done by the dealer because it was my 60k service. I change my oil 95% of the time. Next change I will revert back to synth.

This dealer was awesome w. everything from prices to time & checking in before proceeding with repairs, they just missed that one request. While it is disturbing I cant say its enough to keep me away from having my next major service done there. I will be sure to be very clear though.

regards