2005 Es330 Hid Aims Low

Greg1985

Does anybody have this problem or can help me to adjust or aim it correctly.

2005 LEXUS ES330 stock HID but it aims at the floor more then it aim on the road. I know it is self adjust but what they call self adjust is not to my liking. Can anybody help by telling me how to raise the HID to hit higher........ also if i do adjust it by hand will it set off any sensors in my car or will the self adjust stop working or worse will the car not start? Thanks everyone

2005 LEXUS ES330 stock HID but it aims at the floor more then it aim on the road. I know it is self adjust but what they call self adjust is not to my liking. Can anybody help by telling me how to raise the HID to hit higher........ also if i do adjust it by hand will it set off any sensors in my car or will the self adjust stop working or worse will the car not start? Thanks everyone

There two approaches you can take. You can manually raise them by adjusting some bolts on the headlights themselves, or you can find the headlight leveling switch on one of the control arms, and adjust it that way to fool the car to think it needs to raise the headlights. Both are equally as effective and won't cause any problems.

Personally, i'd try to locate the switch and adjust it. This assures both headlights move equally. Not sure where the switch is located on the ES, my guess on one of the control arms. It will look like a tiny arm (maybe 4") connected to another arm of equal size, between the control arm and the undercarriage of the car. It's located on the RR control arm for the Rx300, so i'd start looking there.

The arm will be connected to a switch (which is like a potentiometer) which tells the computer if there's weight in the back of the car (which would raise the front end causing the lights to blind people) and counteracts this to lower the headlights. Just remove the arm completely and rotate the potentiometer until the headlights are the position you like, and leave it there... This way the car will think there's "negative" weight in the car, and will leave the headlights a little higher for you all the time.

There two approaches you can take. You can manually raise them by adjusting some bolts on the headlights themselves, or you can find the headlight leveling switch on one of the control arms, and adjust it that way to fool the car to think it needs to raise the headlights. Both are equally as effective and won't cause any problems.

Personally, i'd try to locate the switch and adjust it. This assures both headlights move equally. Not sure where the switch is located on the ES, my guess on one of the control arms. It will look like a tiny arm (maybe 4") connected to another arm of equal size, between the control arm and the undercarriage of the car. It's located on the RR control arm for the Rx300, so i'd start looking there.

The arm will be connected to a switch (which is like a potentiometer) which tells the computer if there's weight in the back of the car (which would raise the front end causing the lights to blind people) and counteracts this to lower the headlights. Just remove the arm completely and rotate the potentiometer until the headlights are the position you like, and leave it there... This way the car will think there's "negative" weight in the car, and will leave the headlights a little higher for you all the time.

Thanks allot i.d.k. what half of those things were but i will deff take it to my buddy who is a mechanic and tell him this because if i did it myself i think i would be lost. do you think this wold take long?

Thanks allot i.d.k. what half of those things were but i will deff take it to my buddy who is a mechanic and tell him this because if i did it myself i think i would be lost. do you think this wold take long?

Yeah it's really hard to explain :( Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes as soon as you find the leveling switch.

Hey buddy its me again a quick question i went to my mechanic today and he told me that my sensor is messed up its in the RR like you said, i called Lexus and they told me that its 400 bucks do you know where i can get one cheaper i found a sensor on eBay but IDK if its what i need the link is http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...;category=42613 let me know if you have any idea thanks allot Greg.

All you need to do is take the sensor apart and clean it a bit. It's a simple device, and even has screws to take it apart and reassemble.

Ask your mechanic to remove it for you. Then open it up (with a philips screwdriver) and see what's inside. My guess is that water's gotten in and is building up in there. Remove the three springs and wipe clean, and wipe the inside copper surfaces clean too. Then put the springs back in, close it up, and i'd seal it up with a little silicone to prevent water from getting back in. Then have the mechanic put it back.

It's a really simple device... There's really nothing that can fail totally, with so few moving parts and all...