1990 Ls400 Oil Leak

Musada

Just bout a 90 LS 400, and there is an oil leak. Its not coming from the oil pan, but it appears to be leaking from behind the engine. I would assume its the rear main seall. It only has 118k miles on the engine and still rides like its brand new. Any idea how much I can expect to spend on repairing the leak?

Just bout a 90 LS 400, and there is an oil leak. Its not coming from the oil pan, but it appears to be leaking from behind the engine. I would assume its the rear main seall. It only has 118k miles on the engine and still rides like its brand new. Any idea how much I can expect to spend on repairing the leak?

Sounds nice at only 118K.

Sounds odd though... both of my LS400s (one with 279K and my current one with 225K) has never leaked a drop of oil. Sounds like the rear seal though.

So is the rear seal an easy job, something i could possibly do on my own, or is it recommended to get an experienced mechanic to work on. I'm no mechanic but i have done some work on my Rx7, like alternators, starters, tune up, and i changed the transmission in it.