2002 Lexus Is300 Don't Start Need Help

tay12345

My Lexus broke down last week, had it towed home. I've been trying to start the engine ever since but haven't had much luck. The car cranks but doesn't fire up. A lot of white smoke comes out the exhaust pipe whenever I step on the pedal to crank the engine on. It makes a whirring, choking sound from the air intake. The battery died after many attempts of starting the engine.

Things that I have checked::

* spark plug, good

* fuel pump, working

* cooling level is normal

* oil is clean

* ran a diagnostic test using an OBD II SCAN TOOL that read: Throttle Position Sensor Connector and the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (SHOULD I REPLACE THESE TWO?)

Here's a link to the video I made to better see what's going on.

(Background sound comes from the other car jumping the Lexus battery)

Please help me find the source to this problem. Greatly appreciate it!

I think your pedal sensor is fine, but I would look at the postion sensor. It sounds and looks like a timing issue. Have you checked the timing? and the VVti?

I sprayed some starting fluid into throttle body, and the engine started :D . Since the fuel pump is working, I suspected the problem must be coming from the fuel injectors, so I took out the injectors and tested them with a 12V battery. The injectors seem to be working fine. However, once I connect it back into the car, there seem to be no power going into the fuel injectors when cracking the engine. Any idea where I should go from here? Should I look into the ECM? Or is there a blown fuse that connects with the fuel injector that I don’t know of? Or could it be the position sensor?