A Big Problem With My Stereo!

LSKind

Hi, I have a 1990 LS400, with a Nakamichi Premium stereo. Just yesterday it started to give me problems. When you turn it on, it makes several clicking sounds, then all I get is bass. Even though I have turned the bass down. Before this issue, in order to hear music I've turned the bass all the way down and still have to turn the volume knob to max.

Can someone please help me troubleshoot this?

You all seem to know Alot of great information. Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Natalie

Hi, I have a 1990 LS400, with a Nakamichi Premium stereo. Just yesterday it started to give me problems. When you turn it on, it makes several clicking sounds, then all I get is bass. Even though I have turned the bass down. Before this issue, in order to hear music I've turned the bass all the way down and still have to turn the volume knob to max.

Thanks,

Natalie

This is not an easy issue to diagnose from 2400 miles. Not easy even from 2 ft. :lol:

It could be your speaker(s) have gone bad or on the way out. Or a connection. Or the amplifier in the stereo.

Running the volume at max. may have toasted the output amp.

You will probably have to take the unit out of the car. If not mechanically inclined, you can visit a shop

specializing in sound equipment where they should be able to give you an estimate for a fix(be seated when they tell you).

If you do feel inclined, study this tutorial and give removal a try --> http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/audio/headunit.html

If the Nak is bad, you may just want to put in a good aftermarket stereo unit.

Thanks,

Natalie

From the description it is your amp ;)