Remote Start Or Alternative

ctES3502007driver

Do you know if Lexus can install remote start on ES 350? If they do ,how much it's going to cost B) .

Is there any way to lock the car while it's getting warm in the morning. I just got the car and hate to go and see every 30 sec if it's still there. I saw post about saying that I can't lock the car when it's on, but may be someone found the way.

Do you know if Lexus can install remote start on ES 350? If they do ,how much it's going to cost B) .

Is there any way to lock the car while it's getting warm in the morning. I just got the car and hate to go and see every 30 sec if it's still there. I saw post about saying that I can't lock the car when it's on, but may be someone found the way.

Yes.

Dealer had a Lexus part remote start for the my '10 ES 350 but wanted a ridiculous $1150.

Remote start is a common after market add-on. You may lock the car before you start your 350, or even after your 350 is running.

However it depends on the remote stater you install. Not all remote starters are created equal.

The brand of starter controler my dealer uses is "Python". A reputable after market store in town uses the "Viper" . Both work well on Lexus. As for the cost, My dealer charged me $795. complete which compared to other bids I felt was resonable.

Does this help??

PJ

The Ziebart I use for window tint/clear bras etc., can do the ES350s for $325. 'Normal' cars are $250, but the ES350 is $325 (ironically, the owner has a 350 himself – with remote start).

My concern was that the steering column etc., would ‘come out’ when the car started and then it would be more difficult to enter the car, but the owner showed me that he has his 1st memory setting with the wheel completely in and seat back so when the car starts the memory function goes to that setting; upon entering, he hits memory ‘2’ which is where he actually wants the steering column etc., easy way around my issue.

I didn’t get the remote start because I really don’t want two remotes and the climate in central Indiana isn’t really bad enough to need remote start if you have a heated garage and a nice place to park at work.

I didn’t get the remote start because I really don’t want two remotes and the climate in central Indiana isn’t really bad enough to need remote start if you have a heated garage and a nice place to park at work.

The Lexus part remote start eliminates the two remote fob need but it's expensive.

For the difference of $825... I would carry the two remotes!

Another plus with an aftermarket make is if the Lexus dealer does the install,they don't follow the ridiculous Lexus/Toyota part install safety policy of using the remote to start the car and then when you unlock the door to enter,the engine doesn't shut down only to have to be restarted.

I wouldn't have an outside shop do an install while the car is in warranty but that's me.

Especially with the push button start.:)

The only complaint we see with the factory remote start on the 2010s is the short range. The range is very short compared to the aftermarket models.

This is a real problem sometimes. My aftermarket remote start gives me a 2,000ft. range. Since I live where our winters are cold, I can take advantage of that range and start my car while I'm still in the mall shopping, or in the office building and the car is out in the parking lot, etc., and it is nice and warm when I get there.

There have also been a few times when I have seen someone walking around my car, looking in the windows and such, while I have been a block away or so. Using that 2,000ft. range, I start the car and watch the "admirer" exit the scene.